New gear ordered

I have a red / white / blue 1 piece suit - "Captain America". I love my Sidi boots too. - Cops don't like it much. Best investment you can make for your future - you will have one if something happens.

Gear is good. I got full leathers and boots soon (immediately) after the Busa as well. WWJD's thread about leather and walking is a good read! I've heard most insurance won't cover medical expenses for rider error wrecks.
Besides, God put my skin where he wanted it to stay. I don't want a Doctor to need to be moving it around for me!

cool, only thing is that AC-12 helmets have a lot of wind noise, i am currently using one, may be i am having a bad helmet, have fun and let the track days begin
smile.gif

gsferrari/unkleslapnutz,
I'm "right down the street" from you guys in Apex. We should go for a ride (although it's looking pretty grey right now) this weekend.

The HJC is the result of shopping in a hurry. I didnt want to wait for a helmet to ship in and I didnt want to spend too much money at stealerships on an Arai or Shoei. I took the economical option with the HJC while I do my research for a nice Arai/Shoei/Schuberth/Bell or something along those lines...

gsferrari/unkleslapnutz,
I'm "right down the street" from you guys in Apex. We should go for a ride (although it's looking pretty grey right now) this weekend.
All Raleigh/Nearby riders - wanna do lunch on Sunday with a general discussion on the bikes? I will not be able to ride because my gear is not coming in until tuesday next week.

Weather sucks anyway. I took her out with my gear for a warm-up run and got back home in time before the clouds let go
sad.gif

Eehhwww

Good choice in leathers!!! did you try on that particular suit/size before? One piece are a B#tch for me to put on but the 2 piece zipper ones work just fine for me and track days.

although you spent a fortune, that investment is PRICELESS!!! Your life is too valuable to be on anything less. Congratulations and let us know how they fit and feel when riding.

I have worn two-piece suits before and I really like the fit. I wanted to try a one-piece from a'stars just for comparison sake. I hope it fits me well. I will wear it for a few days...live in it and break it in before riding with it. The aim is to be able to do 70% stretches (100% is a measure of stretch ability for various stretches) with ease.

Yep...lots of money gone in the last 1 month - but I hate having money in the bank doing nothing. If I find food in the refridgerator - I EAT IT!

I need to marry a wife who knows how to manage money. I'll have a ferrari before I turn 30...practically have a ferrari already. The attention the 04 LE in red draws is incredible...too bad it also draws the attention of cops...

Nice choice on the gear! Hope it NEVER comes in handy!

I've watched that video a bunch of times. That dude's foot is destroyed!!! His buddy says to the 911 operator "Motorcycle accident and a broken leg, it's like the worst." To the kid with the messed up foot, that comment was the equivlent of hearing your dentist say "Wow... I've never seen anything like that before!" while he's checking your toothache.

The gear looks great! Glad to hear your conviction for only riding when dressed appropriately, but please don't let nice gear give you a false sense of security. People die with nice gear on.

Ride safe!

gsferrari/unkleslapnutz,
All Raleigh/Nearby riders - wanna do lunch on Sunday with a general discussion on the bikes? I will not be able to ride because my gear is not coming in until tuesday next week.

Weather sucks anyway. I took her out with my gear for a warm-up run and got back home in time before the clouds let go
sad.gif

Eehhwww
I will be at work off of Westong Parkway until 3. But I do get an hour lunch if you wanna meet up anytime this weekend. I might ride in on Sunday...Tomorrow is a no go for riding. Have to pick up oil for the car and bike and some other things on the way home from work. Plus the weather is supposed to be for crap tomorrow again...

Weather IS crap
sad.gif
I am soooo pissed...we get PERFECT weather during the week and the weekend gets f****d
mad.gif

I DONT NEED PERFECT WEATHER WHEN I AM AT WORK!!!!!
mad.gif

Sunday is supposed to be better.

Uncleslapnutz - whenever you are ready to start working on your bike - I'll pop over.

Things I want to take care of:

* Sticker removal
* Reflector removal
* Checking oil/brake/clutch fluid levels and topping up as required
* Request you to ride my bike and give me pointers about what needs to be done, how and why
* Cosmetic maintenance and mechanical maintenance schedule (work with you on putting together a spreadsheet)

I know it is a lot so we can do whatever you feel comfortable with from a time and knowledge perspective. No pressure. I am just glad that there are a few more experienced riders around me.

Cheers!
cool.gif

mad.gif

NC riders - weather cleared up significantly today and the roads dried up by 11:00am. I went out for a ride on the only roads I know of in the area and did 100 miles on just 15 miles of road...back and forth...back and forth...to get a feel for my ride.

I hope it stays clear because I am planning to put some serious mileage on her tomorrow. Bought her with 1150 on the ODO and now I am at 1269 ;)

Lovin it!

UPDATE:

Gear arrived - wore too small on the jacket (saw this coming) - Boots too busy on the inside (snagging on levers and other mechanical parts).

I returned the stuff for a refund.

Ordered:

Oxtar TCS EVO RX boots in Red color
http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_tcs_evo_rx_boots_page.htm

Boots arrived - fit very well - nothing complicated happening on the inside so all is good. Boots helped me kick a nice dent into the side of a truck that tried to side-swipe me - that alone is worth their asking price!!

Jacket:

I am back to my Tourmaster mesh jacket
sad.gif

I have knee armor and I wear an inner liner for abrasion protection BUT I am still jacket + jeans + boots and gloves. What I mean is - I am protected...but I look like a squid from the outside.

Problem:

Having trouble finding gear that fits me right. I am taking the more expensive route and buying my gear locally from a retail store where I can try for size. I may have to get spendy on Frank-Thomas or Dainese but if it fits snug - it will be worth it.

Aah well...
blush.gif

Good on yer. gsf!

By the way, "prat"?!? You WERE raised with a British education, weren't you?
tounge.gif

Looks like you're all set, except for the lid- I was the same as you, had to order a good one and bought a Wal-Mart $77 Bell to wear until my Shoei came in!

I think Shoei is the "sweet spot" price-wise, mine was three hundred something (RF-1000) versus $500-600 for x-11 or Arai or Suomy. Only "downside" to mine is liner is not removable, but I can live with that minor inconvenience. Love the comfort/noise level.

Joust.jpg

Im getting another helmet as well. The HJC is too heavy and my neck is rather sore. I am just about getting used to it's weight but I think it catches more air and moves around a lot. Since it is really snug - my head is moved along with it
smile.gif

Looking at Shoei X-11 or an RF-1000 which can be bought for less money these days...I think $600.00 on a single-use item is rather hard to justify...the RF-1000 better do it for me from a weight and noise perspective.

SIDE NOTE:

Yep...brit-ed and I come with all the goodies that go with a confused global perspective. I have an american accent in UK just to piss off the locals...have a british accent in USA to charm the ladies...have an Indian accent in India just coz it's waaaay cool
cool.gif

I use words that are uncommon here and get the standard "whaaa?" but people catch on fast and start using those words themselves...

Fairy
Fruitcake
Prat
Tramp
Dog
Minger
Cheers
Snog
Snot
Plod
Plonker

list goes on...