New gear ordered

gsferrari

Registered
My wallet is going into hiding starting tonight!!!

Ordered:

Leather:
Alpinestars MX-1 One-Piece Race Suit

Boots:

SiDi Vertigo Air Boots

Also ordered HJC Helmet Liner, Joe Rocket suit liner and SiDi long socks...

Cost me close to $1500.00 but at least I know that I have a better chance of survival in case of a mishap.

Helmet is the HJC AC-12 in matte red:

532-811.jpg

I dont plan to ride until the gear comes in. Right now I have the Alpinestars SP-2 gloves (which I will continue to use with the new gear for some time) and a Tourmaster mesh jacket. Some people would be happy with this level of protection but I love my lower limbs and I didnt really take care of them before
sad.gif

Aah well...

Good on you for getting more protection! It's always better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I've been hearing too many horror stories...I dont want to end up a statistic on some raving and ranting website. I think this gear is waaay cheaper than a night in ICU getting my feet re-attached.

I saw a video where a dude took a spill off a sportbike and his leg was bent at a funny ankle...then they showed his foot twisted at a funnier angle...

Wallet opened up voluntarily
rock.gif

I so badly wanted to go for the Vertigo Corsa line but that would have involved compromising on the jacket. This jacket comes with a back protector...optional on other jackets. And this model jacket had the color scheme that I wanted - I wanted as much WHITE as possible to improve visibility on the road for the benefit of the fuggin cagers.

Boots are swell - just wondering if I made a mistake going for the AIR version. When it gets cold here, I may run into trouble...

Thats some awesome stuff you got there. Some people laugh and make fun of guys in full gear like that.... I don't ... I think it's the smartest thing to do. My colors would be more subdued my thats just me. It looks great bro... stay safe.

I'm savin' up for a set of leathers...I'm funny shaped, so I'm gonna hafta go custom. You got some great looking gear there!

I wanted to go all black but the recent horror stories about careless cagers made me think...I dont care if I look like a prat as long as the cager can see me LOUD and CLEAR
sad.gif
That is all I want to accomplish with this suit. I am hardly a lithe figure nor a closet underwear model. I am tall, broad shouldered and brawny - not ideal shapes to put into these sleek leather suits.

We'll find out one way or the other when the gear arrives. If it fits horribly then I will go with the more conventional jacket + padded trousers in leather.

If it fits me right - I am going to display my generous rump to the entire Raleigh cager community...may shock them enough to stay at home
tounge.gif

The boots are critical to me. It is like how you felt about water after watching "Jaws"!! After watching that crash video - I just had to protect my feet...Until the boots come in there is no way I am riding the Busa outside my apartment complex and surrounding street (zero traffic).

Now if I can get my video camera duct-taped up to my backup HJZ helmet...I may actually do something productive this weekend
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Nice looking gear man. Maybe I will see you sometime around Raleigh. I work in the Cary area.
What are you up to this weekend? I would really appreciate some tips on Busa ownership and maintenance etc. If you are the DIY sort of guy - how about transferring some knowledge this way
smile.gif

I have a garage that can hold 4 bikes + riders + tools etc.

If any other Raleigh/Cary/Durham based rider is planning maintenance - please let me know so that I can watch and learn.

who cares about making funny on the gears? its a matter of take it out of your gear or take it out of your skins and bones?
I have all the gears too...don't be shy to put it on, you have all the rights in the world to protect your body against any danger (and you have same kind of concepts that I have...)
showing white color is very good idea...(but, after all? I kind of quit riding at dark...) heres some of my gears...

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149251868 -->

i36032__Small_.jpg

another...(BTW, welcome to insanity...I use to live in Raleigh)

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149251648 -->

i18268.jpg

Nice looking gear man. Maybe I will see you sometime around Raleigh. I work in the Cary area.
What are you up to this weekend? I would really appreciate some tips on Busa ownership and maintenance etc. If you are the DIY sort of guy - how about transferring some knowledge this way
smile.gif

If any other Raleigh/Cary/Durham based rider is planning maintenance - please let me know so that I can watch and learn.
I'm in Hillsborough, about 45 minutes away. I'll give ya a holler next time I need to do something on the Busa. Not into highly technical stuff, but oil/filter changes, mounting tires, chain adjustment - stuff that doesn't involve going inside the motor.

cool.gif

I'm in Hillsborough, about 45 minutes away. I'll give ya a holler next time I need to do something on the Busa. Not into highly technical stuff, but oil/filter changes, mounting tires, chain adjustment - stuff that doesn't involve going inside the motor.

cool.gif
That would be fantastic. Please keep me in the loop. I am 8 years late to the Hayabusa party but I dont want to miss out on the fun
smile.gif

I am 8 years late to the Hayabusa party but I dont want to miss out on the fun
smile.gif
oh, but you are missing out-if your Busa is all stock! Tap into the aftermarket support for your bike man, and see what an awesome machine you can create!

as for the suit-if you feel more comfortable wearing it, thats your perogative...looks like sum cool stuff; hope it fits, and never gets "used", if you know what I mean?

smile.gif

I work on the weekends but am off at 3. I do all of my own maint minus mounting the tires on the rims. Just ordered my M-3's today so Sunday afternoon or so I will be tearing the bike down a bit...time to change the oil/filter, clean the chain real good and go over services listed in the manual (Which I dl'ed from here). I have a 40 x 60 personal shop just on the other side of Sanford that I do all of my own car/truck/bike work in. Dont have a bike lift (yet) but I can get it all done with my stands. I would be more than happy to get with you and go through diffrent stuff. You can get me on AIM bria738 or yahoo zup1910.

Back