First ride with the new hip.....

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Well, yesterday I went out for my first ride yesterday since August when the hip pain got too much for me to ride "safely."

It's been a LONG slow healing process for me and hind-site being 20/20 I wouldn't have had the procedure I had done, I would have went a different route, but it's too late now, :lol:

So the weather for yesterday was supposed to be in the low 60's. In the typical Wisconsin way, it barely got in the high 50's. I believe it was about 55 when I left, and rode for about 2 hours or so.

COMPLETELY PAIN FREE! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Totally stoked for this riding season, hoping to make up for the last couple years.

Also mounted up the bags again and was getting a feel for having hips on the back, and it's not bad at all, pretty happy about that purchase as well. I may even leave them on, it's nice being able to stop somewhere and actually buy something for a change. :laugh:

Just thought I'd share since there were many of you following along with my whole surgery deal, etc. And I thank you ALL for your support during this, it means the world to me.

Here's some random crappy cell phone oddball pics from my little ride yesterday, feel free to laugh at the saddlebags.. :rofl:

photo 3.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Hey, just nice to see a Busa rider that will be out putting real miles on with luggage :whistle:

So glad you got that first ride out of the way...warmer days are coming, I hope!! :)

If not the surgery, what would you have opted to do instead? Lobotomy like I suggested? I like being right... :p

I had a hip "re-surfacing" and I'd have had a total hip replacement if I were to do it again. Way less rehab time.

That last picture reminds me of something...not sure what it is, something with the sun coming down on the bike. It's cool :D

great news! also, it's your bike so mod it how you want and how it fits the way you ride and travel...looking forward to riding with you again :beerchug:

Hey Gbots, while they had you on the table did you have them shave a little off the rear end too? Glad you are feeling better!

Hey Gbots, while they had you on the table did you have them shave a little off the rear end too? Glad you are feeling better!

Unfortunately they did shave some off the rear end.. But only one side. Now I have mis-matching dimples, and my days of underwear modeling are over. :down:

Unfortunately they did shave some off the rear end.. But only one side. Now I have mis-matching dimples, and my days of underwear modeling are over. :down:

I personally thanked your doctor for this mod :hide:

Great to hear you are out riding. I'm going through some intense physical therapy for my right leg and knee. All I can say is the effort you put in will pay dividends later

damn that busa has a fat a$$....no wonder you have bad hips rofl :laugh:

Glad you got a good ride in and the saddle bags look fine. I have soft bags for trips with the bride. Small items go under the shirt or in my backpack if I know I'm getting something.

With those bags installed, there is no way Vab's azz looks as big as you say:whistle:

:hide:

The important thing is, you got thru it; now go out and ENJOY!

Back