Got some unsolicited advice yesterday

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
We've ALL heard the sh*t about riding...we've all either had to argue our way out or just shut up and take the unwanted advice/opinions...

Yesterday takes the cake...I'm at a doctor's office having x-rays for hip pain I've had for 5 years now...she finds out I ride motorcycles and before she's done with her drivel, she spouts off "Go buy your son a motorcycle for his LAST birthday"

She was pretty pissy with me the entire time, not someone I'll see again because I'm canceling my next appt with the b*tch, but I cannot for the life of me understand when a doctor thinks a comment like that to a patient is acceptable...

That one was by far the worst I've had to hear...

I'm just pissed...
mad.gif

She was over the top...the more I stew over it, the more I want to drive on over to see her at lunch and just smack the sh*t outta her...

No, really...I mean it...just totally uncalled for...

Some doctors have a god complex added to a compulsion to "save" everyone on the planet. She probably has seen more motorcycle injuries than her fragile psyche can tolerate. If the medical review board heard of this kind of outburst they could very likely censure her. Or they might give her a medal, you never know.

rock.gif

--Wag--

An example of someone who knows nothing first-hand forming an opinion. I had a Doctor tell me once that I should marry my girlfriend because God doesn't allow people to live in sin...........

Some doctors have a god complex added to a compulsion to "save" everyone on the planet. She probably has seen more motorcycle injuries than her fragile psyche can tolerate. If the medical review board heard of this kind of outburst they could very likely censure her. Or they might give her a medal, you never know.

rock.gif

--Wag--
What he ^ said !

I just love when people feel the need to judge other people's lifestyle choices and hobbies. My doctor made a similiar comment... He said " Wow... Smokings not enought huh? Hope your an organ donor!" I feel your anger. If you do go and beat her take pics
tounge.gif

Ah, you could take her Va.
wink.gif

That was totally uncalled for..

Some People's Kids!! You can raise 'em up, send them to medical school, and they still have no class.

I think she needs to get a few hundred emails from the board. I find that comment started the blood boiling!!!!

If she's really concerned about your welfare, she should be advising you to "watch out for drunk drivers" or "the biotch using the cellphone while driving her SUV" or "the jerk who doesn't see you stopped at a red light" or "the other jerk who turns right in front of you without looking" or "the bike-haters who don't give you enough room" or "the cagers that are bike-blind" or "the idiots who associate all bikers with posers/stunters/squids" or..... etc.
mad.gif

That was just wrong of her. I've heard the comments as well. I work for a doc who asks me every couple of days if I'm going home to ride my murdercycle. On Mondays he always says he is glad I'm at work in one piece.

If she's really concerned about your welfare, she should be advising you to "watch out for drunk drivers" or "the biotch using the cellphone while driving her SUV" or "the jerk who doesn't see you stopped at a red light" or "the other jerk who turns right in front of you without looking" or "the bike-haters who don't give you enough room" or "the cagers that are bike-blind" or "the idiots who associate all bikers with posers/stunters/squids" or..... etc.  
mad.gif
THANK YOU!

Here's the problem guys/gals...I don't mind the jabs at me...I hear 'em all of the time. Hell, I've gone toe to toe with an azz that thought he knew what was best for me and let's just say he finally approached me and apologized because I didn't back down...

But, this "doctor" said something about my KID! Completely different realm, IMHO...we have tons of parents on here; we all struggle with "the question" of whether or not we should ride every damn day, should our kids ride? Will they ride? I don't need some two-bit POS doctor with a God complex to give me one red cent of advice on how I raise my kids, especially when I've signed my entire life away just to get in the door and hand her some cash for MEDICAL ADVICE...

I'm still pissed...can you tell?
laugh.gif

I'm still trying to figure out if your mad or not.
rock.gif
So tell us what's really on your mind
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Back