First Ride in a Long Time

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Well, as most of you know I just got back from being overseas and not being able to ride. Had a few issues with the bike when I returned, but looks like most are taken care of now. The weather was extremely nice yesterday, so I had to take Baby J out for a spin! Put on all the gear and went out to get back in the saddle. Oh, what a feeling it was! Took it easy since the only other ride was to check out my maintenance work, but eventually put the hammer down a little (very little actually) and she responded like a drea! Only put about a 100 miles on her, but they were the best 100 miles since I first got her. Hopefully, I will get out again today! Anyway, just felt like sharing.

Woo hoo!!!

You deserved that run, Ken...after all that time away, fighting terrorists...run out and go another 100, quick!
cool.gif

Congrats man...glad you got Baby J running and life is once again good...
smile.gif

Thanks, Michelle. I plan to take advantage of every opportunity!

Congrats BigBS!
If anyone deserves a good Busa ride.. it's you brother!
Welcome home...
cool.gif

Glad youre back home Ken,but anytime you decide to drop back in here, Carmen is waiting for you to take her out again! NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122584013 -->

Short ride tonight. Only about 50 miles, but they were at a quick pace!
biggrin.gif
Couple more trips out and I hope to feel real comfortable on her and get all the bugs associated with sitting for so long worked out. Damn, women can be tempermental!
laugh.gif

Welcome back! I never checked the other thread again, did the clutch plates free up or did ya have to replace them.
rock.gif

Congrats Ken, Glad to hear she's back on the road an you are in the saddle. It's been way to long Bro, but we appreciate your time and service away....................So did I miss the pics somewhere?

Enjoy her and keep her rubber side down, well at least the rear rubber down!
laugh.gif

Welcome back! I never checked the other thread again, did the clutch plates free up or did ya have to replace them.
rock.gif
Thanks, Justin! Clutch plates were fine, but the clutch actuator was frozen inside the sprocket cover. I managed to get it out, lubed it up and replaced it then bled the line. Worked like a champ after that.

Congrats Ken,  Glad to hear she's back on the road an you are in the saddle.  It's been way to long Bro, but we appreciate your time and service away....................So did I miss the pics somewhere?

Enjoy her and keep her rubber side down, well at least the rear rubber down!
laugh.gif
Thanks, Scott! Haven't really posted any pics but will in the next couple weeks. Rear rubber will stay down, but can't make any promises about the front!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back