Exhaust Question

TMan05

Registered
So I have looked and looked and looked all over the internet and have yet to find anything cheaper. Looking for Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Fiber/Carbon Fiber dual slip ons for an 09. I have looked on EBay and everywhere else and the cheapest I have found is around $840.

Anybody heard of anything cheaper? I have also looked on the classifieds on here and on craigslist/craiglook and found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

T

P.S. In no rush, I should be getting the bike around next weekend/weekend after that

For that price why not pay a little more and get a full exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain, if you find some for the Gen 1 that you like, you can mount the left one on the right side, and the right one on the left side... if that helps widen your search a bit.

would do a full system but don't want to get into a power commander and all that. Saw that full in the classifieds. It did cross my mind though.

If you can find those R77's in Carbon brand new for $840.00, you better jump on that because that's a killer price.

I could do $850.00 + shipping for brand new slip-ons and that's well below what I would normally sell a set for

Thanks man... that's what I guess I needed to hear.. :laugh: All I need is the bike and I will be all set:rofl:

So I have looked and looked and looked all over the internet and have yet to find anything cheaper. Looking for Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Fiber/Carbon Fiber dual slip ons for an 09. I have looked on EBay and everywhere else and the cheapest I have found is around $840.

Anybody heard of anything cheaper? I have also looked on the classifieds on here and on craigslist/craiglook and found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

T

P.S. In no rush, I should be getting the bike around next weekend/weekend after that

If there's no rush just keep looking. I've seen several sets of R77 CF slip ons(as I almost bought them before decideing to hold out for something else)on ebay for alot less. I found alot for $800, one for $740, and even one for $650. Of course they're long gone, but deals on them do come around. :thumbsup:
And Warbird is right on the full system not NEEDing a power commander or tune. The bike won't run lean without a tune, it just runs better with one. In my experience a bike with an untuned full system ususally still runs better than stock anyway.

Yeah... I like the look of the dual exhausts though and don't want to lose that look. Otherwise I probably would take the full system as long as there wouldn't be problems with fouling the spark plugs, running lean, etc.
Thanks again!

Yeah... I like the look of the dual exhausts though and don't want to lose that look. Otherwise I probably would take the full system as long as there wouldn't be problems with fouling the spark plugs, running lean, etc.
Thanks again!

On a Gen2? You won't have those issues on a gen 2 with a full pipe. I put 10k on an r55 with the stock ecu. I'm going to run a brocks pipe now with a factory ecu as well.

imo, you gain as much from the weight loss as you do the hp gain. The slip ons don't give you as drastic of a weight loss or as much hp (arguably none). I looked at doing slip ons, almost bought some trc carbons... not worth it. You're going to spend $800 for noise. If you've ever ridden a gen 2 with an aftermarket pipe, the weight loss changes it dramatically.

On a Gen2? You won't have those issues on a gen 2 with a full pipe. I put 10k on an r55 with the stock ecu. I'm going to run a brocks pipe now with a factory ecu as well.

imo, you gain as much from the weight loss as you do the hp gain. The slip ons don't give you as drastic of a weight loss or as much hp (arguably none). I looked at doing slip ons, almost bought some trc carbons... not worth it. You're going to spend $800 for noise. If you've ever ridden a gen 2 with an aftermarket pipe, the weight loss changes it dramatically.

Still a significant weight reduction just with slipons and you can feel the difference immediately. I'd have gone with a full system for sure, but I HATE the single side look and at the time I bought the slipons that was the only alternative. And I have to disagree with you...you're spending $800 for a lot more than noise (although the sound of the CF slipons alone is worth it to me)...the appearance is also dramatically better than those OE cannons!

Still a significant weight reduction just with slipons and you can feel the difference immediately. I'd have gone with a full system for sure, but I HATE the single side look and at the time I bought the slipons that was the only alternative. And I have to disagree with you...you're spending $800 for a lot more than noise (although the sound of the CF slipons alone is worth it to me)...the appearance is also dramatically better than those OE cannons!

I'll give you that, they do look significantly better than the factory can(non)s. I was looking into doing a good set of yosh slip ons with the v&h header. That'd eliminate a nice chunk of weight as well and still maintain the dual look. These, the head and the slip ons, are sometimes cheaper than a full from some brands. THAT would be my ultimate for a good touring/road bike

I'll give you that, they do look significantly better than the factory can(non)s. I was looking into doing a good set of yosh slip ons with the v&h header. That'd eliminate a nice chunk of weight as well and still maintain the dual look. These, the head and the slip ons, are sometimes cheaper than a full from some brands. THAT would be my ultimate for a good touring/road bike
Do the Yoshi cans/midpipes bolt straight on to the v&h header? And does the header make oil filter change more difficult as the Yoshi header does?

Do the Yoshi cans/midpipes bolt straight on to the v&h header? And does the header make oil filter change more difficult as the Yoshi header does?

ANY mufflers, including stock bolt directly to the V&H header. And there are no oil filter or other clearance issues. The header also has an O2 bung.

DSC01862.jpg

What he said.

The V&H header works basically as a factory replacement. I considered doing it first just to see how the stock cans would sound without a converter in front of them and some real primaries.

and from the research I've done of the 4-2-2 dual exit pipes with a real header, they have a nicer, more growling noise to them. Check out the brocks ct dual vs single for sound difference you may see what I'm trying to put into words. It just sounds different than a single, simple as that. :cheerleader:

Thanks in advance.

T

I'm selling my Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Fiber/Carbon Fiber dual slip ons. Inbox me if you're interested...

Back