How To Gut Cats?

I would just like to take a moment to talk about how, upon first reading the title, I had temporarily forgotten where I was and literally went

"WHAT THE *BLEEP* IS THIS *BLEEP*!?" :firing:

then I remembered where I was and was like "oh... those cats."

Yeah, I should probably go to bed right about now. My mind jumped all the way to thinking someone had posted about gutting kittens. I don't know why I try to read things after a 10.5 hour shift. :banghead:
:goodboy: it's OK bro we all been there before :rofl:

Yes, you can reuse your existing header gaskets - IF you are careful with them getting the OEM header off....if not...you'll need to replace. However, they are not that expensive, so why waste your time using the old ones (and having to take it all apart again if you have a leak?)

M4 makes a great full exhaust, so does Yoshimura, should that be your choice. P.S. Get a single side and get rid of the weight of 2 cans...

It really comes down to what you want. I'm assuming you want a little more HP/response, and a little more tone/volume, but not the kind that pisses everyone off around you...then the two above are great choices and will hold value.

My O8 has a Yoshimura full; It's a little louder at idle, and at WOT it's got plenty of 'signature'...but not so much to make all the neighbors mad...

DSC00411 (Large).JPG

Yes, you can reuse your existing header gaskets - IF you are careful with them getting the OEM header off....if not...you'll need to replace. However, they are not that expensive, so why waste your time using the old ones (and having to take it all apart again if you have a leak?)

M4 makes a great full exhaust, so does Yoshimura, should that be your choice. P.S. Get a single side and get rid of the weight of 2 cans...

It really comes down to what you want. I'm assuming you want a little more HP/response, and a little more tone/volume, but not the kind that pisses everyone off around you...then the two above are great choices and will hold value.

My O8 has a Yoshimura full; It's a little louder at idle, and at WOT it's got plenty of 'signature'...but not so much to make all the neighbors mad...

View attachment 395781

Thanks for your input. I do want a single side full exhaust. I can't afford it right now. I seen a few blogs were other guys modify there headers to a 4-2-1 system. If I was to try that with my stock headers would it hurt anything? Can I use just one R77 instead of both?

Don't mess with your stock headers, you may want to put it back to stock someday to sell.

The Yosh is $200 more for a SS including header, as compared to no header (but you have to have two cans).

If it's money...then start saving...

Thanks for your input. I do want a single side full exhaust. I can't afford it right now. I seen a few blogs were other guys modify there headers to a 4-2-1 system. If I was to try that with my stock headers would it hurt anything? Can I use just one R77 instead of both?

You can do that and it'll work great

Have a set of gutted headers and glass-packed stock mufflers, made 5 more hp than totally stock. Ti-force pipe made 15 hp more than stock.
If you figure the labor involved to modify the stock stuff the Ti-Force pipe was about 1/3 the price!
:deadhorse:

Back