Carbon Fiber Turn Yellowish?

InfiniteReality

Registered
I'm fixing to order a Yoshi 4-2-1 R-77 exhaust and can't decide between full carbon can or a titanium can. I really like the carbon, but I've had experiences with carbon fiber pieces turning yellowish over time. Is there any worry with CF on an exhaust ever turning yellowish?

Thanks!

The yosh stuff has been good as far as I've seen.

Also if you want a bit more grumble look into the R-55 as well. If I went yosh, thats the direction I would look.

The R-77 is a great system, not diggin on your choice. Enjoy the ride.

just curious, who's CF turned yellow?

I've had plenty of CF stuf including exhaust cans and none ever yellowed.

Only time I've seen it yellow was when expose to sunlight over time adn having a very poor coating. Usually the coating is what would yellow, not the carbon.

I had several CF pieces on my old SV that were carbon and turned yellowish over time, mainly from the sun. I suspected it was due to poor clear or epoxy coating, just wanted to make sure before I got a full carbon can.

The R-55's look funny IMO, R-77 look better to me and digging the look. :)

Like I said, not diggin on ya. They all look good. We all have our preferences. Just wanted to make sure you had looked at it. :beerchug:

Just get it ordered and slapped on. It's time to ride.

No worries. :) I've been following the exhaust thread and I keep going back to the R77 CF one, lol. Thanks for the help, glad to know it won't discolor now so I'm fixing to place my order today!

Thanks!

I saw an older VFR last year that had some of the nastiest lookin' cans I've ever seen. The bike was obviously kept outside and the Two Brothers CF cans were a nice shade of pee yellow... :puke:

The resin that holds the carbon composite together can range from polyester @ $50 a gallon, to vynyl esters (good for fuel liners) to superior strength epoxys with UV blockers at $150 a gallon. Some manufacturers skimp on good materials. Some don't. I had a set of carbon cans from Ducati Performance that never yellowed after 5 years, and I had a carbon Muzzy can that looked like crap in 1 year. All in the materials.

No worries. :) I've been following the exhaust thread and I keep going back to the R77 CF one, lol. Thanks for the help, glad to know it won't discolor now so I'm fixing to place my order today!

Thanks!

P.S. I still think the Tsukigi Canon would look sick on a silver bike :whistle:

I had a Yosh Carbon pipe on my old Gixxer and it was on there for about 13k (4 yrs or so) miles before I sold the bike and it never turned yellowish on me. I think they make a quality product.

I have yet to see any carbon fiber ever turn yellow. I have seen some carbon dry out and crack. Yosh is a good company to deal with and have never heard of any issues with Yosh. :thumbsup:

Got my 4-2-1 Yoshi CF R-77 exhaust on the way! Thanks for the info, glad I asked cause I was going Titanium because I was leery on the CF. Due in Monday! :)

I love my R-77 full exhaust, made my bike into a whole-nother animal! Only the cheap CF yellows and Yoshi isn't cheap :laugh:

Back