EVERYONE READ PLEASE!!! RE: DONATIONS...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Just a quick note regarding a Fundraising effort for someone named "SUPER".

Cookie Mentioned that I will be counting money... Problem with that is that I have never heard of Super and Have NOT, I Repeat NOT been in ANY CONTACT with Cookie so I Don't know what the hell is going on, but I sincerly hope that you fine folks that allready donated are not getting taken for a ride...

Cookie, If your interested I'd like to see a post here in this thread explaining HOW or WHY my name was in your post.

Thanks everyone,

REV.

PS You know I'm not going to be gathering money up for someone I don't know folks. Think about it, it's me, if I don't know you, that's pretty much your a$$ when it comes to money...

Merry "Christmas" everyone. Love you folks, and the Board. Hope you and Yours have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Keith
firedevil.gif

I donated some money via pay pal and I never got anything back, just wanted to know where it went ?

SHOCKED.gif

People on H.org are highly generous. I just hope people don't knee-jerk donate just because someone comes on here and asks for $$$.

Keep your heads in the game, folks.

--Wag--

Just FYI

Us admins were talking about the thread behind the scene, we were reluctant to just yank the thread until we heard back from Revlis. once Revlis told us he had no idea what was going on that was when the thread was yanked from the board (this morning).

lurk.gif
FOLKS, DON'T GET ME WRONG!

I DO KNOW COOKIE, AND I AM SURE THIS IS ALL ON THE UP AND UP.

BUT IN THIS CASE, I HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANY DONATIONS FOR ANYONE, THIS DOESN'T MEAN THAT COOKIE IS ADDING A WING TO HIS HOUSE, I AM SURE THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

I JUST WANTED TO AIR THIS OUT IN THE OPEN SO THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS.

He PMed me his addy to send him a check so I hope he is legit.

Super did post his situation on the other board when they were looking for a tool that he makes.

crazy.gif

Hopefully our generosity is put toward it's intended use, if not, that's between that person and his maker.

Thanks for the heads-up Revlis...........and for future reference, we need to find a way to jump on these things sooner.

(mzrsq @ Dec. 18 2006,20:09)
crazy.gif

Hopefully our generosity is put toward it's intended use, if not, that's between that person and his maker.

Thanks for the heads-up Revlis...........and for future reference, we need to find a way to jump on these things sooner.
Well we jumped on it as soon as we could..

Super from SH.ORG apparently is a legit person, his accident was apparently legit, 1 of our admins here said he has had some dealings with super over on SH.ORG and he feels Super is a good guy.

So from all evidence Super really did have and accident and a possible need.

Cookie has been a member here for awhile, but is not as active here as he is over on SH.ORG.

Mine (and the other admins) concerns were his dropping Revlis's name. if you drop an admin name as being part of something that is kind of serious, we needed to wait for Revlis to respond in order to get all the facts before we did anything.

Once Revlis did respond the thread was probably pulled within 15 minutes.

Once the thread was pulled then Revlis made this post.

So all in all it was pretty much handled as quickly as it could be.

I never received one PM from anyone asking my opinion, if I had I would have offered it.

But I am not going to derail a thread asking for assistance for someone who did get into an accident unless I have good cause.. and I didnt have good cause until Revlis got back to us stating he was not part of the donation process.

I would recommend that if anyone has any concerns about future donations and their legitamcy at least PM one or all of the admins.

We usually wont jump on to a thread and start bashing someone or something, in reality we are called bad names enough the way it is for the involvement we have. so unless we have in your face proof that something is wrong, we usually wont go public, everyone are adults and should have common sense about them

However I think most of us admins if sent a PM about something we might offer our personal opinions, or at least be able to say "yeah, we know about this and feel it is legit" or "Nope, news to me, never heard nothing about this"

We still dont know if anything is wrong, while Cookie hasnt posted much up here, he has like over 20,000 posts on SH.ORG so there might not be anything to worry about.. but his post got pulled because he should not have said a moderator was accounting for the money when he wasnt.

But like you already mentioned, in the end everyone is accountable for their actions. if you do someone right, even if it is under misinfomration, you still did a good thing, the person who mislead people to make profit will be heald accountable for their deeds.

Karma is a beyotch dontchyaknow

(gat0r @ Dec. 19 2006,01:36) Super is a really good guy.

i pm'd cookie
Agreed, and I hope that Cookie was in a whirl wind of posts and explanations trying to help super out and forgot to PM revlis or meant to contact a mod.

Optimism.
sad.gif

Hey Guys, I appreciate the concern for hundreds of dollars that has been "gifted" from numerous generous people in this time of Christmas. A time when money is never something that can be thrown around.

I know Keith, he has my phone number and any of you can have it if you want.

I understand the concern and natural tendency to think that something strange could have happened because you aren't familiar with ME over here. Truth is is that I have been logged in here since the early crash (2001?)and then since then but don't post a lot.

that said; doesn't mean that I don't respect and honour everyone here and there ability to give when asked in support of another member in good standing.

To me; my integrity is whole and thoroughly in tact and with that I hope that you will allow me to continue this gesture.

My intentions are pure and would never had entered into this if I didn't think I could handle this with respect to others and my reputation in tact.

I haven't spent the amount of time on these boards to friviously "bilk" members for a measly $800.00 or so!

I am on the phone with Victor right now - let me post up here in a minute what he says,,,

$891.88 so far has been collected

Please hang in there people, he is a lot of pain,,, this isn't going to be easy but

,,,,everything WILL BE ACCOUNTED FOR!!!!

Thanks for the PM Gat0r << EDIT

Chris

Back