Very Important please read

Very Important please read - Money collected for Capt Busa

• Give the money that we have already collected to Doug for his son.

Votes: 65 100.0%
  • I gave the money only so Doug could get a new Busa and that is the way I want it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
This was posted by Captain under the post to get him a new Busa.
"OK so let me ask all of you a question.... It's been just over a year and although you all donated a lot of money there is still a long way to go for a new hayabusa... In keeping with the spirit of the idea of a new bike I was wondering if you all would like to help me by taking the money that you have graciously provided and purchase my 10 year old son his first motorcycle... If you all agree I would like to take that money that has been collected and get him a bike with riding gear. I know that I will have to pay for some of the bike out of my pocket but the money from you all could help a lot. Evan is an awesome kid and he has shown great interest in bikes, I started when I was 8 with my first bike and I want him to share in the excitement.

Please let me know your thoughts on this..

Doug King
aka captain "

We have only collected around $1500 and have hit a wall.  There hasn't been any more donations in quit some time now and with the things that are going on right now I don't see it happening any time soon.  Money for some is very tight and I know how it feels. I for one am taking a big hit after the first of the year in the wallet for over $500 a month.  I know how it feels not to buy the things that I normally would just buy without thinking about it.  Hell that's the main reason I'm selling my house.  The bank owns everything in my garage and just lets me use them.  
laugh.gif

Anyway,  I know asking a perfect stranger to give money to some one they don't know to give to someone else is asking a lot.  To the people that have given I personally say thank you very much.  Now I am asking everyone that did donate to seriously think about Dougs proposal and make him a very happy father with an even happier son.

I would be happy for him to use my contribution for this cause.

Thank you all,
Jim

<marquee>*****This post will stay up for one week and then depending on the general vote the decision will be final.  *****</marquee>

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099067552 -->

$1500 only?
wow.gif
And, I wonder how many people donated at all?

Ah... Umm... Nothing more to say.:angry:

$1500 only?
wow.gif
 And, I wonder how many people donated at all?

Ah... Umm... Nothing more to say.:angry:
yep it has been quit a let down. When we started this project we asked people if and how much they could give. We had 94 people say they could donate and with the amounts given that added up to over $6100. Like I said above it's not easy to give money to someone you don't know but I wish that we could have had a better turn out.

lol i had to read that a few times to understand it. SO the capt wants to use the money to buy his son a bike ?

Well, I'm one who hasn't given anything yet but was gonna scrape somethin' up when it got closer to bein' enough to actually do somethin' with. I've got some extra left over busa parts layin' around. I'm gonna list it all up for sale, prolly today, and whatever the stuff brings will go to this fund. Had planned to custom paint a few wall hangin' pieces based on h.org and was gonna "auction" them off to the highest bidders through the classified section of the board with all proceeds goin' into the Captain's busa fund. As you all know, though, I got my arse in a tight $ wise and have just dug my way out...
mad.gif

Anyway, I'll list the stuff up as soon as I can get a list together of what all I have. When it's gone I'll dump the funds into this effort and if Captain wants to buy his boy a bike that's cool with me. Doesn't look like we're ever gonna get enough to buy a busa anyway...
sad.gif

I figure either way the Captain get's some form of compensation for all the money and time he has put out over the last few years.

Pisser the Buy the Captains Busa thing died out... What we really need is for some the rich fuggers on this board to step up and handle it.
tounge.gif

Poops is selling a nice one...
smile.gif

But anyway, I figure why not...

I got caught up fixing my bike and a car...Forgot about the fund...The proper thing to do is give Capt the money for his son a bike...Win, win situation...I'll buy the shirts that I've been meaning to and that will help also...
evil.gif

I talked to Captain last night for quit a while. When I told him that things were looking good for the money going towards his kids bike he seemed very happy with that. The bike he would like to get has a MSRP of $1699. Depending on what kind of deal he could get it may not even cost thim anything at all.
smile.gif

Thanks BT

I talked to Captain last night for quit a while. When I told him that things were looking good for the money going towards his kids bike he seemed very happy with that. The bike he would like to get has a MSRP of $1699. Depending on what kind of deal he could get it may not even cost thim anything at all.
smile.gif

Thanks BT
Excellent. I still want to put somethin' in. Maybe it'll help cover some safety gear or somethin'... or just gas money for the thing. I've gained a lot of knowledge and some really good friendships from the site. Also saved a bundle when I bought Train thanks to some of the members here.

I didn't get the parts listed yet, but I'll get them up ASAP and see if I can't add to the pot before we do this.
wink.gif

I talked to Captain last night for quit a while.  When I told him that things were looking good for the money going towards his kids bike he seemed very happy with that.  The bike he would like to get has a MSRP of $1699.  Depending on what kind of deal he could get it may not even cost thim anything at all.
smile.gif

Thanks BT
Excellent. I still want to put somethin' in. Maybe it'll help cover some safety gear or somethin'... or just gas money for the thing. I've gained a lot of knowledge and some really good friendships from the site. Also saved a bundle when I bought Train thanks to some of the members here.

I didn't get the parts listed yet, but I'll get them up ASAP and see if I can't add to the pot before we do this.
wink.gif
Thanks BT,newredboosa

I am going to push this issue for one more week.  If anyone would like to donate ANY amount that would be great.
Click here for PayPal

Sent it to Josh (Jester) at Outlawjester@aol.com

Again this post will end on Friday Nov. 5 so if anyone else would like to help the cause send it in before then.

Thanks for the votes and support on this.
Thanks
Jim

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099187965 -->

I talked to Captain last night for quit a while.  When I told him that things were looking good for the money going towards his kids bike he seemed very happy with that.  The bike he would like to get has a MSRP of $1699.  Depending on what kind of deal he could get it may not even cost thim anything at all.
smile.gif

Thanks BT
bump.gif

I say by all means lets help him get his son a bike. Whats the current total? $1500? And you figure he needs ~2000 to get gear and the bike? Lets get some #'s here and what it will take. I'll pitch in for sure.

Back