Ever get a feeling not to ride?

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I ride almost everyday, but last night I got a bad/off feeling in the pit of my stomach. I just felt that I shouldn't be riding for some reason. So instead of taking an extended pleasure ride home, I just took my normal route and parked it for the evening.

I didn't ride into work today, because I had the same feeling...No biggie, so I drove the Jeep into work.

Just sorta strange how I get this feeling once or twice a year...not sure why, but I have learned to trust my instincts and not question gut feelings.

Anyone else ever get these feelings, and what do you make of them...?

yup....I get em too. shrug it off.......your guardian angel just told ya to take a break for a day....nuthin more....nuthin less...no big deal.

I've been there. Make sure you listen and don't second guess it. It's a higher power looking out for you.

I try not to rely on kharma, but I know things happen for a reason. Did that make sense?
rock.gif
Anyway, I have had that feeling before, but couldn't really say why. Seems to have worked out however.

I've been there. Make sure you listen and don't second guess it. It's a higher power looking out for you. [/QUOTE]

+1

Thatz funny my inner self is always telling me to ride,rain,snow or shine.
biggrin.gif

yep. I get them quite often. It is good you didn't ignore your feelings.

I change my route. I don't ride that day. I don't push it as hard. Whatever the feeling predicts.

Are you a religious person?

I love Ken's title
ices_rofl.gif
That is great...oops, must go post more...

About that feeling? Yep, had it and ignored it one day; came up on the hubby after he went down riding with the Busa gang through the twisties...I felt like we shouldn't have been riding the entire 3 hour trip up that morning and probably should have stayed off the bikes; the second I found that he'd crashed, I knew my feelings were right
sad.gif

...now, when I have that feeling, I drive the car...
wink.gif

Thatz funny my inner self is always telling me to ride,rain,snow or shine.  
biggrin.gif
Hey, Im the same way - I love to ride, infact I like riding in the rain as much as a nice sunny day. A little snow is fine, as long as the salt truck arn't out doing their thing.

Maybe it was sled's cooking that gave me that strange feeling
laugh.gif
j/k bro...awesome cook.

Anyhow, like I said..it was just a strange feeling, and nothing happened on the ride home last night, but I figgure the A/C in the Jeep is a nice treat for a day or 2.

I guess the best way to explain the feeling is this. I can walk past 10,000 people a day in the city...do it everyday for a year, but every once in a great while you pass someone that gives me a real bad feeling, and if I can happen to look into their eyes I can see that something just seems off...that is the feeling Im trying to describe.

Never, ever second guess those "don't get on the bike today" feelings. The one time that I did I low sided my old 79 Hawk after pulling out of a parking lot. Luckily, I got up and rode away from it, but have trusted my gut/intuition about getting on a motorcycle ever since.

yep. I get them quite often. It is good you didn't ignore your feelings.

I change my route. I don't ride that day. I don't push it as hard. Whatever the feeling predicts.

Are you a religious person?
I change routes just for insurance to make sure no one is following me home !
mad.gif

Yeah.. I get them.. when I do I normally don’t ride..

The last time I had that feeling I was down staying at Charles and Julies house for a weekend ride.

Was down there specifically to ride.. Friday night I felt fine, I woke up Saturday morning and just didn’t feel right... something told me not to ride...

But I shook it off and told myself I will just take it easy..

I didn’t negotiate a turn and went off the road, scratched up the right side, almost hit a tree. Guy behind me said I was airborne and bucking all over the place. no one knows how I held on..

Sooo yeah. when you get that foreboding feeling... best not to ride.....

I love Ken's title
ices_rofl.gif

About that feeling?  Yep, had it and ignored it one day; came up on the hubby after he went down riding with the Busa gang through the twisties...I felt like we shouldn't have been riding the entire 3 hour trip up that morning and probably should have stayed off the bikes; the second I found that he'd crashed, I knew my feelings were right
sad.gif

wink.gif
Funny, I had the same feeling that day, not for me not to ride, but that something might happen on the ride. Hard to explain, but lo and behold, I saw something happen... so did Bill... And Mike... and the camaro... and......

I love Ken's title
ices_rofl.gif

About that feeling?  Yep, had it and ignored it one day; came up on the hubby after he went down riding with the Busa gang through the twisties...I felt like we shouldn't have been riding the entire 3 hour trip up that morning and probably should have stayed off the bikes; the second I found that he'd crashed, I knew my feelings were right
sad.gif

wink.gif
Funny, I had the same feeling that day, not for me not to ride, but that something might happen on the ride. Hard to explain, but lo and behold, I saw something happen... so did Bill... And Mike... and the camaro... and......
That's the last time I've had that feeling...I chalked it up to "my first long ride since back surgery" and went on...

Little did I know that the hubby would really attempt to keep up with you sport bikers and be taken down by a Camaro
laugh.gif
Wait, it wasn't funny, well, yes it was...no, it wasn't...okay, just Ben poking fun at Mike was funny...yeah, that was it!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back