Anyone else tired of the Heat?

Sucks that you had to leave Florida to find some good seafood eh?
Surrounded by ocean on three sides and good good seafood is difficult to find here?

Blanca, never said it was.
There is only so much Grouper, Mahi and Snapper I'm willing to indulge in.
I get the best of the best when it comes to fresh Florida Seafood when we are open and serving at work. I'm referring to Blue Fin Tuna, Wild Striped Bass, Cod, Sea Scallops, Clams, Oysters, Maine Lobster, PEI mussels, Flounder etc. The list goes on and on. It's a bit different or at least to me it is when "fresh fish" is cooked and eaten hours after being caught. The varieties of NE seafood in Florida are days old at best when it arrives for sale there. Big difference in the stuff here and the crap they call food that is served in Red Lobster, Joe's Crab Shack, McKormick & Schmidt's or any of the other dozen or so horrible chain restaurants saturating Florida.
You fail in your geography there bud as on the west coast of our great state it's called the Gulf of Mexico :poke:

I got excited when I read the title of this thread. I said to myself, "great, people are still tired of the Miami Heat."

Back to topic. I wish it would cool down about 10 degrees down here in SE Texas.

Hard on local crops around here. Home grown tomatoes - what's that ?

Bright side of it all if any- not much mowing this year and that's alright by me.

sonny i'm right there with ya been rididng to and from work everyday but the ride home sucks big time think i have blisters on my but from yesterday.
had a friend of mine park his bike at a store downtown here and came back to it being on its side kickstand sank thru asphalt talk about a bummer

Been hot over here in Missouri too. Several 100+ degree days, many more in the upper 90's with the heat index in the 105-107 range. Theeen.. you put on the greens and run a mig or tig welder for 10 hours a day...

Still like it better than winter. Heat is uncomfortable, but cold is just plain miserable to me.

It's been unusually mild here in the Sacramento Valley, norm for mid july is about 99, wish I had more time to ride...

5dayfc_ca_chico_640x480.jpg

Only 95 here today :thumbsup: feels like 80 for some reason . A very nice break, it's been a very hot summer thus far.

106 in NW Oklahoma. 109 2 days before... freaking hot. How that Hwy pushed up on Hwy 412 West Bound.. just did it in my home town today. Just like that.. within perhaps 2-5 minutes. Brother stopped by to take me for a ride .. and same route back.. BAM! there is is..

'...........
had a friend of mine park his bike at a store downtown here and came back to it being on its side kickstand sank thru asphalt talk about a bummer
Man that just plain stinks... Never had it happen to me but have seen it and heard about it happening to others. I generally carry a puck for parking.

You guys need to stop complaining! the average temp these day here is 45 °C (equals to 113 °F) and sometimes it gets to 50 °C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where I live the people complain about the heat in the summer. It gets into the 100*+ every summer. I have seen a high of 120*. Oh its hot, its hot. In September we see our first drops of rain. We get 5"-6" of rain a season. Then the fog sets in and I hear the howls of its cold and foggy. I tell pepole to deal with it. When it is cold they want the heat, when it is hot they want the cold.

My point is enjoy it while you can, the cold is just around the corner. I know in some parts of the country the riding season is 3 or 4 months. I ride just about year round. I do not ride in the fog or when it rains. I just wanna ride. :laugh:

It's 90 heading to 94 right now but my cooler is full of brew and ice all I have to do is walk down here anyone who lives near Dracut MA come on by:beerchug:

OASIS.jpg

I'm headed to Laguna Seca Moto GP this week in Monterey Ca. and I may need a jacket ... :whistle:

5dayforecast_640x480.jpg

Back