Dallas Record

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
If we hit 100F for the rest of the week, we beat a 31 year old record of 42 consecutive 100+ days. I hate to do this, but I'm rooting for the heat. After all, if we don't get to set a new record then we've just been suffering for no reason, right?

Wearther.com is showing 10-20% precipitation predictions. I think they're just trying to make us feel a little better and there really isn't any rain within 300 miles of us.

This year, Dallas' Super Summer has become Super Duper Summer. It's been too hot to ride and too hot to even have the top down on the convertible.

Come on, Heat! Stick around until Sunday, then please move on...:cheerleader:

But everyone in DFW be safe and stay cool. It's more than just hot, it's dangerous.

Best of luck with the record seeking there, and please keep it away from here :thumbsup:

I love heat but that is crazy.. Good luck to all of you guys down there. I'll bottle some rain and send it down to ya. :beerchug:

71 Degrees here today with a Heavenly breeze!!!

I will def. be riding tonight! :D

We (waco) tied the record today with 42 straight and I think Friday we will tie the total for the year at 63

We will tear up the records this year....all we have in the forecast is 103-108 and sunny

Waco tied its record for the most consecutive days of 105 degrees or more at six (Aug. 1-6). The previous were Aug. 31-Sept. 5, 2000, and Aug. 9-14 1969.

Been riding. We've been having thunderstorms every night for a week or so. Been nice at work :laugh:

Snow is not looking so bad right now is it Di? Make Dan move you up north.:whistle:

Snow is not looking so bad right now is it Di? Make Dan move you up north.:whistle:

I've done my time in the snow. Even dealing with Super Duper Summer like this is preferable to the 6 months of -40F and 3 feet of snow I grew up with. I remember trick or treating and hunting for Easter eggs in the snow. I'm just fine here in Texas. Thanks for asking, though. :laugh:

oh you guys take the fun out of the weather.:laugh:

I like the snow. it makes speed runs on the Busa interesting and exciting.

I feel your pain.
Oklahoma City is on the way to a break a record for the hottest summer ever.

We have broken or tied several records.

All time highest temp. 2011 has 5 of the top 10 (actually 12 due to ties) slots filled
Number of 100+ days in a calendar year. Tied for 2nd only 4 behind 1st place and many days to go
Number of consecutive 100+ days. 2 entries out of the top 10. (12 and 13 days)
Number of consecutive 90+ days 72 and counting.
We have tied or broken the single day high temp for 14 days this summer
Hottest Average of the highs temp in June 97.2
Hottest average temp in July 89.2
Hottest Average of the highs temp in July 102.5
Most 100+ degree temps in July 27
Missed the most 100+ days in June record by 1 day.
Most number of 90+ degree days in June 30
Number of consecutive 105+ days 7

Hope you get your wish.

We hit over 40 days in a row of 100* weather in the 70`s. It was hot, but we live here and are used to it.

We are def cooking out here. It looks like we are going to get a small break, but it was exciting geting the hottest average month ever in the nation. Dust bowl anyone? :laugh:

Back