8,868 Tweets per second a new world record.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well it seems Beyonce is the new queen of tweets. After she announced she was pregnant the other night on the MTV awards over 8,868 tweets per second regarding happened.

>>>> Beyonce pregnancy announcement at MTV VMA's sparks Twitter world record - Guinness World Records <<<<

To put it in perspective.
When we got OBL only 5000 tweets per second
Earthquake in Japan 7000 per second.

Is this a reflection of how screwed up we've become or just a reflection of the kind of people who use twitter?
I don't 'tweet' do you?

Nope.. I could care less what my friends and others are doing every second of every day.. I know people who put on there what they ate for breakfast and what they bought at the store (this guy's really lonely)... I think it just reflects as a societly that we're kinda messed up.

Well it seems Beyonce is the new queen of tweets. After she announced she was pregnant the other night on the MTV awards over 8,868 tweets per second regarding happened.

>>>> Beyonce pregnancy announcement at MTV VMA's sparks Twitter world record - Guinness World Records <<<<

To put it in perspective.
When we got OBL only 5000 tweets per second
Earthquake in Japan 7000 per second.

Is this a reflection of how screwed up we've become or just a reflection of the kind of people who use twitter?
I don't 'tweet' do you?

...it reflects how screwed up we've become?
I couldn't have said it in a better way Blanca

I didn't watch the MTV awards and don't tweet or hang on facebook as often as I used to..... so this is the first I heard of it:laugh:

Looks like I am not missing much by ignoring the TV

Our world has just reached that level of pathetic. I could understand tweeting to a certain level if you are an important person or for news stories but it has just gotten out of hand like everything else does.

who is pregnant?
congrats to her, but idk who she is, why would i care?

my boss' wife is pregnant.. did anyone tweeter about her?
what the hell is tweeter anyways?

I do not care, therefore I do not. I have a job, a wife and a child and lots of friends. I really don't have the time nor desire to "follow" some self appointed celeb or important person. I like living under my rock. :whistle:

Almost twice as many people rushed to tweet the world she is preggers than Osama getting killed?
Worlds (at least in our world) most wanted man, responsible for 9/11 and he ain't as imp as Beyonce.
In the twitter world I guess she is bigger news because twitters is for twits? Maybe? :dunno:

Real world news I'm sure obl was bigger.

Yup, a dayum shame.

I dont tweet, facebook, or text on cell phones...because I dont have one.

I know all of the important things I need to know about all the people I know...

Riddle me this....If you lost your cell phone today...right now, whose number would you be able to call for help...besides 911....lol

I couldnt call anyone other than 911, the wife and my mom :) if I lost my cell.

There was a time when you had to remember phone numbers now well with almost 500 contacts on my phone I guess it's impossible.

well my post didn't show up. i'll try again. :whistle:

when i 1st saw your post,:poke: i thought YOU had won a world record! :rofl:

remember the rolodex?

rolodex.jpg

Back