Ever feel like you're riding scared. Or just way beyond your level?

Rode better today...guess why.???

Rear tire pressure 22 PSI front tire 24 PSI.

:rofl:

...and giving Rubb a hard time start's now....

RSD.

Dayum, I haven't been in this thread to follow up...

Here you go Rubb :spank:

I've never had the Busa get to that point, but I'm so guilty of it in my Mustang...she'll feel like complete crap, and when I check the tire pressure and see how low those low profile tires are, I feel like :banghead: :rofl:

Glad you got it figured out!! :thumbsup:

Thanks M...I deserve a good flogging for that. Now that I dont have my own shop I must admit I just dont stay on top of regular maintenance.

Bad Rubb:crowbar:,Bad.

RSD.

I've been trying to ride as much as I can these days of late for various reasons. Sometimes when I go out I scare the krap outa myself like twenty times in a 1 hour ride. Am I riding past my skill level(which is low compared to the general poplulace on the org) or have I just lost "my touch". Not to worry ladies,still have my touch where it count...the bedroom.:laugh:

I'll go into a corner on a ride I know well and hit it hard and come out the otherside thinking...Wow,I made it. I actually survived that. It was ugly,I grab throttle when I shouldn't have,I grabbed tons of brakes when I shouldn't have.

I have never really been a Smoooth rider. Throttle.Brakes.Throttle.Brakes. But now I seem worse.Way worse.

When I get home I often feel like I have cheated death again.

I think I am riding scared,if that makes sense.:cookoo:

RSD.

Haven't read all the reply's to this OP, but am sure many have let you have it about continuing this type of riding.
Been on 2 for over 40 yrs and logged many of those on the mean streets of LA.
Every time I swing a leg over, I absolutely know it could be my last whether by my own demise or the actions of others.
When I feel even the least bit of doubt or not feeling well, I either exercise a different route or mode of riding or just trash the ride altogether.
One thing the track taught me was, "if you can't see the exit, don't make the entrance!".
This applies to most of my riding and I use it on the unfamiliar rides.
I have never experienced "Scared" riding, but I do know what you are talking about at certain points in a curve or a traffic moment.
I know that I will be more than cautious for the next few years as I get back on the Busa, but respecting the ride will prove to be paramount in my get back.
I really shouldn't even be on this earth after my accident, but I refuse to bend to being scared to live life when I only have very few years left to live.

Ride safe!
Bubba

Haven't read all the reply's to this OP, but am sure many have let you have it about continuing this type of riding.
Been on 2 for over 40 yrs and logged many of those on the mean streets of LA.
Every time I swing a leg over, I absolutely know it could be my last whether by my own demise or the actions of others.
When I feel even the least bit of doubt or not feeling well, I either exercise a different route or mode of riding or just trash the ride altogether.
One thing the track taught me was, "if you can't see the exit, don't make the entrance!".
This applies to most of my riding and I use it on the unfamiliar rides.
I have never experienced "Scared" riding, but I do know what you are talking about at certain points in a curve or a traffic moment.
I know that I will be more than cautious for the next few years as I get back on the Busa, but respecting the ride will prove to be paramount in my get back.
I really shouldn't even be on this earth after my accident, but I refuse to bend to being scared to live life when I only have very few years left to live.

Ride safe!
Bubba

What can anybody add to that other than...:bowdown:

Thank you sir. All good stuff. :beerchug:

RSD.

Well now that we all spilled some really good philosophy, all to find out RSD didn't put air in his tires :laugh: , I will add some garbage to the heap! I look at riding on the streets as a puzzle. It's fun to track all of the people around you. To look at the subtle clues they give about their intentions, their posture as a driver, etc. When I get to the back roads that "puzzle" turns to noting movement off to the side of my vision and analyzing where it will intersect me. Is it an animal or a car? Smelling the air and smelling grass so I slow down in a corner before running up on a guy cutting grass. Smelling the burned diesel of a farm vehicle around a blind corner. Or noting hawks circling up ahead or even smelling rotting flesh of road kill. Then there is the constant vigilance of the road surface for rocks, sand or gravel. This puzzle is as fun to "solve" to the sport touring rider as a crossword puzzle is to a wordsmith. My off days is when I can't get my mind clear enough to just focus on those things and my lines and throttle/braking. That's when O resort back to my practice exercises in a local parking lot.

Well now that we all spilled some really good philosophy, all to find out RSD didn't put air in his tires :laugh: , I will add some garbage to the heap! I look at riding on the streets as a puzzle. It's fun to track all of the people around you. To look at the subtle clues they give about their intentions, their posture as a driver, etc. When I get to the back roads that "puzzle" turns to noting movement off to the side of my vision and analyzing where it will intersect me. Is it an animal or a car? Smelling the air and smelling grass so I slow down in a corner before running up on a guy cutting grass. Smelling the burned diesel of a farm vehicle around a blind corner. Or noting hawks circling up ahead or even smelling rotting flesh of road kill. Then there is the constant vigilance of the road surface for rocks, sand or gravel. This puzzle is as fun to "solve" to the sport touring rider as a crossword puzzle is to a wordsmith. My off days is when I can't get my mind clear enough to just focus on those things and my lines and throttle/braking. That's when O resort back to my practice exercises in a local parking lot.

Awesome. ^ Its wild isn't it. Look at the car in front of you. Look at that muffler hanging by a thread. It's about to fall off.

Time to switch up the sceanery. Have a buddy that likes to "find a spot" and stay there in traffic. Him stoopid. One day we are riding,he finds a spot behind a truck that looks like it is owned by "Sanfred and Son." I wave bye-bye as I'm about to leave his azz in the dust. The S&S truck is carrying a bunch of junk including an' 80's type wall unit. Next thing ya know,the backing comes off said wall unit and helicopters its way thru the air at 90 MPH and just about takes my buddies head off. :rofl:

Him a smart boy. He gave up riding. That was years ago. He still doesn't ride.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Good advise there Fallen. You have raised my awareness and caused me to think about other things I do. I might add... To stay out of trouble with the law I often look down side streets and roads where the police might be lurking. I am also checking my mirrors when stopped in traffic to make sure I am not going to get rear ended.

When you're thinking about what to do - it never goes as easy as when you're in the moment and not making any decisions. Sometime the brain gets in the way of just doing. Same thing happens for me while playing music. It's fun and goes easy when the last thing on my mind is what chords next.

Back