E-bay china $180 front rotor's

Ended up going with these. They have some that are a little cheaper at $137 shipped, but the inner part of the rotor was not as aesthetically appealing plus they're shipped from China. Pictures I saw on here, no one was running them either, but did see people running these as well as someone who purchased from the seller Sixity. Kind of excited to get them now that I'm running a 1K front fender. :)

Let us know how they look and turn out. I'm interested in a new front pair also. Bent one a little when I forgot I had my ghetto padlock on one of my disks.:banghead:
I was also looking at the eBay ones myself

Let us know how they look and turn out. I'm interested in a new front pair also. Bent one a little when I forgot I had my ghetto padlock on one of my disks.:banghead:
I was also looking at the eBay ones myself

Definitely will do. They shipped out yesterday via FedEx and due to be delivered next Tuesday. I'll probably install them the following weekend, if not before. Can't wait!

This morning it updated and now delivery is Saturday and even with holiday. Guess I'll be installing them THIS weekend. This seller is legit for sure.

I also got new ceramic pads to install at the same time so I can ditch the stock organic ones.

A little true story . One of my customers bikes ZRX1200R 8" over arm punched from 1164 ccs to 1224 ccs High compression . I had ridden this bike many times over the years for tuning reasons far out in the country where he lived . Same Road same right hand sweeper get on the brakes at the same point doing 140 mph . Two weeks pass , and parts arrive for the cylinder head . Finish top end go for test ride . I almost did not make the turn ! while down for two weeks he installed Chinese rotors for the wave rotor look over his OEM ones . I was a very unhappy . The only change was the rotors . No brake bleeding , no pads . Like stated before Brakes you don't go cheap on . What happens if one of these 130 dollar pair of rotors comes apart at speed / breaks ? Ill take OEM if I cant afford Good name brand rotors .

Don't tell me that! Now you got me 2nd guessing the rotors. Do you think they just suck worse than OEM as far as stopping power?

Did he properly bed in the rotors? Now that you say bleeding, I kinda remember reading something about having to do that with new rotors but unsure why

I was worried about the same thing until I read about a couple of people testing them in a lab and found that they are the same.

C 10 if nothing changed but the rotors I could agree with you. But why didn't he put new pads on too. I wouldn't trust pads broken in on a non wave rotor to be used on a wave rotor. (Not that I know if really would have any effect) I put the rotors and new pads on my bike and it definitely stops better. Also lowered the rotating mass so that would help stopping, turning, and acceleration. But that is just as true for any other wave rotor. I don't want to miss quote the weight but the new rotors were a decent amount less than the used oem. I would like to say at least a pound on the front rim alone.

Rotors do nothing for stopping ability, regardless of brand.
Lighter weight/less rotating mass is true, but too minimal for any noticeable effect.
Wave rotors "supposedly" cool faster due to their shape; who knows...and who knows how to efficiantly prove that(temp gun, multiple stops, different rotors, blah, blah, blah).
Who knows if the metal used is of good quality? Will they warp quickly after a few hundred miles of hard use? If the quality is poor, then yes. Will the buttons hold up after miles of hard use? Again, who knows.
Name brand supposedly and hopefully gives you, high strength, lower weight, and higher quality that should result in metal that disapates heat well and resists warping.

How about stainless steel lines? Nope, they don't stop you any faster either.
SS lines DO improve the feel of the brakes and have a stronger feeling lever(doesn't fade).

Brake pads can stop you sooner, depending on what kind.
Something that is ceramic embedded works well on the street(like EBC HH "Extreme Pro" pads).
A full on race pad isn't good for the street either, as they need to be kept warm(applied alot)to perform at their best.
Which is of course why certain pads are recommended as "race only"(road race).

Otherwise, better calipers and a better master cylinder that can apply more pressure are the only other ways to be able to stop shorter. Aside from the most important thing, practice!

Proper suspension sag also makes a difference. A rough or sloppy setup handles poorly, and gives you less control riding, as well as when braking.

Just don't expect any rotors by themselves to stop you sooner.:beerchug:

Wave rotors from china not on my busa but got them on my wing for few years now and about 60 thousand km on them so far with no problem I only got them to save a little wear and tear on the OEM rotors because they are expensive here and will probably switch back to OEM in the future sometime I did not notice any difference from the OEM rotors performance wise but the wave rotors do look kind of funky on the wing a bit different look :thumbsup:

If it helps anyone, I haven't had any problems. Most people would probably be suprised to see how many things are made in china and sold under some recognizable name. Whenever rotors are changed, new pads get installed as well. Using old pads with new rotors can definitely cause problems. Spending more money on a product isn't any guarantee you are getting a better product. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If buying no name Chinese rotors makes you worry a little then don't buy them. Buy a name that has liability.

No he did not replace pads . they were HH oem pads that work very well . I laugh at some of the comments across the forums im not SPENDING 600 BUCKS ! Everyone will spend that on exhaust , powercomanders / tunes / pretty lights , and other crap .

The concept of save till you can afford to buy quality have left the US by means of a flooded market with china made crap .

No he did not replace pads . they were HH oem pads that work very well . I laugh at some of the comments across the forums im not SPENDING 600 BUCKS ! Everyone will spend that on exhaust , powercomanders / tunes / pretty lights , and other crap .

The concept of save till you can afford to buy quality have left the US by means of a flooded market with china made crap .

I think the point is no one has been able to provide proof that the $600 rotors are better quality. This argument has been going on for years on this sight and no one has given proof that there is a difference between the two. Although there has Been a couple that have shown that there is no difference between the two.

I for one do belive in paying more for quality, but I want better quality for the money. If you show me two products and just tell me one is superior without showing proof. That's not going to get it with me. If paying more gives you peace of mind, then by all means pay more.

First off, 140 then hard on the brakes to make a sweeper, perceived or actual brake issue, you did that to yourself. Not only is that illegal everywhere but a private road or closed off for race event roadway, that is mad trust in something and someone that you have no control over. Just sayin. I think you'll find many here believe in getting the whoa before the go. I don't disagree that greed/survival sent a lot of so called american companies over sea, but fact is there are "OEM" products that are made in places like China, Mexico, Taiwan, etc. Not everything coming from these places is garbage. Aside from the reckless behavior, I'm not trying to knock anyone for going either way. Global economy these days. It's no longer an us and them but becoming more of a we.

I agree that ALOT of "brand name" things are made in China.
You never know what you're getting anymore.
It's already been proven that the China knock off levers are as good, if not better quality, than oem.
And guess where oem levers are made? Yep, China.
The only advantage of a brand name is that we hope the company's reputation ensures quality...we hope.
I have had great results with cheap China levers, and I've paid big bucks for brand name junk, so you never know.
I can toast oem rotors in a short space of time. Hard riding, multiple stoppies, all weather, they warp.
Would I buy China rotors(even though the oem rotors are made there too)?
Probably not, simply based on not knowing what I'm buying. China oem have quality standards to pass(again, we hope).
China aftermarket may be great, or junk that won't last.
At least the above posts show folks with China aftermarket rotors that haven't warped or failed/broke/lost buttons.
To each their own.

If it helps anyone, I haven't had any problems. Most people would probably be suprised to see how many things are made in china and sold under some recognizable name. Whenever rotors are changed, new pads get installed as well. Using old pads with new rotors can definitely cause problems. Spending more money on a product isn't any guarantee you are getting a better product. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If buying no name Chinese rotors makes you worry a little then don't buy them. Buy a name that has liability.

+1
If you buy new rotors....buy new pads!

First off, 140 then hard on the brakes to make a sweeper, perceived or actual brake issue, you did that to yourself. Not only is that illegal everywhere but a private road or closed off for race event roadway, that is mad trust in something and someone that you have no control over. Just sayin. I think you'll find many here believe in getting the whoa before the go. I don't disagree that greed/survival sent a lot of so called american companies over sea, but fact is there are "OEM" products that are made in places like China, Mexico, Taiwan, etc. Not everything coming from these places is garbage. Aside from the reckless behavior, I'm not trying to knock anyone for going either way. Global economy these days. It's no longer an us and them but becoming more of a we.

WTF do you own a haybusa for ? go get a 250 ! Really your mister i never speed or break a law LMAO . You Think I roll 140 into a turn I have never seen ? Entry speed is 100 / exit 110 on that bike anything else is better than that stretched ZRX . I only needed to scrub off 40 mph before entry point . The Whoa is the OEM ROTORS are just fine on the Hayabusa its a WANT for 90% , 5% need replacements , and the last 5% are the real bad asses that need better than OEM brakes ! However there not on a HAYABUSA !

Ok Ill get off the soap box :)

Back