Dyno Tune

I'll not try to argue anything about the product in question - but it appears the mod's are still being searched for by the thread originator..... MY free advice remains - I would not suggest buying a custom map until the modifications are stable.

I have already used $ as criteion. I'll add wear on equipment as a second factor.

Folks that have witnessed custom map production know the bike and equipment gets a workout.

keep us posted with your approach?

I'm definately not doing a dyno tune now, but I am really considering a TRE. With that said now I really need to research this product for the Gen-II. Don't want to put anything on my bike that will takeaway from it's performance.

Why is that? Is the Gen-II just two new or is it something else.

It does nothing for the Gen-II and there is no performance gain. You are locking the bike into 5th gear settings which you don't want. If you want to throw away $50-75, I'll sell you mine off my old Gen-I. I just hate seeing people waste time and money on stuff that doesn't work... :banghead:

It does nothing for the Gen-II and there is no performance gain. You are locking the bike into 5th gear settings which you don't want. If you want to throw away $50-75, I'll sell you mine off my old Gen-I. I just hate seeing people waste time and money on stuff that doesn't work... :banghead:

Well then I guess I better just stick with what I have. Thanks for the info, I hate wasting money on minimal gains.

If you check with brocks website he talks about using a tre and lots of other things. If you have his map then you can get into the private section by signing up. It will explain alot. I have the alien head and pc3 with my 06. I use the street map and ran at the track last year and it was great.

There is no map by anybody anywhere that it perfect for every bike with the same modifications - that is a FACT. I'll put over ten years of dyno tuning behind that statement.:moon:

I have re-mapped several Brock's bikes - bikes with his pipe, his PC, with his map, blah, blah, blah . . . his maps are much better than the crap I see coming from Dynojet, thats for sure, but they are not perfect.:whistle:

Every bike with a Brock's map that I built a custom map for made more HP when I was done! One thing you have to remember about Brock's maps - his dirty little family secret - is that he adds more fuel on top to make up for ram air compensation. That is why one of his maps will make less HP on the dyno, but fly at the track. If you put your bike in competent hands - a tuner who knows what he is doing, who knows about ram air and all of that - there is plenty of improvement that can be made to one of his maps, and more HP in the bike!

Then again, some people are happy with the "generic" maps that they get on line, or with what comes with the PC. They think their bikes are tuned too!

DEFINATELY get a custom map done - just make sure you go to the right shop!:lol:

There is no map by anybody anywhere that it perfect for every bike with the same modifications - that is a FACT. I'll put over ten years of dyno tuning behind that statement.:moon:

I have re-mapped several Brock's bikes - bikes with his pipe, his PC, with his map, blah, blah, blah . . . his maps are much better than the crap I see coming from Dynojet, thats for sure, but they are not perfect.:whistle:

Every bike with a Brock's map that I built a custom map for made more HP when I was done! One thing you have to remember about Brock's maps - his dirty little family secret - is that he adds more fuel on top to make up for ram air compensation. That is why one of his maps will make less HP on the dyno, but fly at the track. If you put your bike in competent hands - a tuner who knows what he is doing, who knows about ram air and all of that - there is plenty of improvement that can be made to one of his maps, and more HP in the bike!

Then again, some people are happy with the "generic" maps that they get on line, or with what comes with the PC. They think their bikes are tuned too!

DEFINATELY get a custom map done - just make sure you go to the right shop!:lol:

DEFINATELY get a custom map done - just make sure you go to the right shop! How do you know it's the right shop? Do you have any recommendations in Oregon? Thanks!!!

Back