dyno tune worth it?....

If I had a Brock's PC I don't think I'd be to concerned unless there is a big elevation difference from Brock to you. I don't have the Brocks, I've got a Ti-force and Pc and had it tuned Friday.It made a big difference everywhere, more midrange, more uptop, idles better, and quit sucking so much gas. It was running too rich with the stock pc. I removed my fairings and got it done for $250. Best 250 I've spent! More responsive everywhere. Anyone who thinks proper tuning is a waste of money is sadly mistaking.
Me and Brock have argued about maps before. No matter how much time you put in a map it still won't work on everybike the same way. Remember, these bikes are built on a assymbly line and have what is called "acceptable tolerences". You can have a .5mm difference on how the crank trigger mounts in the stator cover that can affect performance drastically or one injector that can flow fuel a little better than the others. Tuning help bring all these factors together for a more efficient machine. Ever wondered why one bike stock bike can run better than others? Maybe the air gap on the cam sensor is closer than the other bike, or maybe the compression of the pistons are higher cause one bike got a better set of pistons than the other. If your tuner doesn't care about these things then he can't help you gain. There is more to tuning than just finding a good air/fuel mixture. EFI 101.
+1

I am now convinced that I want/need a dyno tune. Does anybody know of a good shop in Washington State? Prefer Seattle/Tacoma area.

I am up in BC Canada and have no idea if any dyno shops are around Vancouver.

Thanks.

Ziggy

Back