Dyno Tune

clay8898

Registered
I have the full Brocks alien head system with the PC 5, and was wondering is a dyno tune needed? Or will I just be wasting my time.

Brocks Maps are excellent you will have no problems with one.
However a custom tune made specific for your bike can not be beat.
That being said I think you would have to be Valentino Rossi to be able to tell the diff.
I have same Full AH with PCV as well as XTRE. While I do ride as hard as SoFL roads will allow I dont think even on a track my skills are good enough to tell the diff between the two.
Put the Brocks map in and save the $ from the tune. Try it.
If you are still not happy then proceed.
But if you think that from the moment you change from a computer gotten Brocks map to a custom one that it will be a diff bike you are wrong.
The diff will be hard to notice.

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 003.jpg

don't do it until you have finished the intake, internal combustion and exhaust mod's ..... otherwise u wasted your $ when you made your next change. (disregard post if $ is no object.)

Really? I don't have a problem with mine. I was just wondering about a dyno tune because everyone keeps telling me I should get one.

I think he missed a comma there Clay, should read like this:
No, Brocks maps are good! :beerchug:

Does that look better? At least that's what I think he meant. ???

don't do it until you have finished the intake, internal combustion and exhaust mod's ..... otherwise u wasted your $ when you made your next change. (disregard post if $ is no object.)

Maybe I missed something....where did he say that he would be doing anything more then what he has? ???
Which is a Brock's AH & a PCV.

Thanks man I was thinking I made the post like that :lol:
But brocks maps are dead on, a buddy dyno his bike with a street map.
The tuner only made minimum changes so what does that tell you?
I think he missed a comma there Clay, should read like this:
No, Brocks maps are good! :beerchug:

Does that look better? At least that's what I think he meant. ???

I have been extremely happy with the Brocks map I run, seems dead on, and they're tech support is great if you ever need it. I believe that if you got your system through them, they will continue to supply with maps as you continue to mod, not sure about if you got it from a third party tho, so well worth it IMHO.

I went and got a baseline with the A/F ratio and the map was pretty much dead on. The tuner did mess a little bit with the bottom end. He only charged me for the pulls on the dyno, since he really didn't "tune" anything. I wouldn't pay for a full tune if you have the map, you will already have the map loaded into the PC when you take it there to begin with. The tuner will only make slight adjustments if anything at all.

No chance I'm buying a full exhuast and not getting it tuned....I don't care its only $250 and I want the bike i'm riding all the time to be the best it can be

No chance I'm buying a full exhuast and not getting it tuned....I don't care its only $250 and I want the bike i'm riding all the time to be the best it can be

When you purchase Brock's exhaust they email you a map for your PC. It is tuned when you load it up. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

When you purchase Brock's exhaust they email you a map for your PC. It is tuned when you load it up. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Yeah thats what i got . thanks for the advise...it does seem like a waste of time to get it tuned when I really don't need it. Maybe I'll use the money on a TRE.

Please tell me you are kidding...... ??

TRE on a Gen-II is the biggest waste of money ever....

I'll not try to argue anything about the product in question - but it appears the mod's are still being searched for by the thread originator..... MY free advice remains - I would not suggest buying a custom map until the modifications are stable.

I have already used $ as criteion. I'll add wear on equipment as a second factor.

Folks that have witnessed custom map production know the bike and equipment gets a workout.

keep us posted with your approach?

Back