Tunning Question

Ham

Registered
I have a simple question, When adding a full exhaust system, and doing a dyno tune is it absolutely necessary to use a power commander to tune or can you also just use the ecu. I'm kind of confused.
So far i'm Flashed,K&N filter and R1 throttle mod.
Looking to get exhaust next month sometime I'm leaning towards a Alien Head or the Yoshi R55

You can do it either way. It is harder to find a shop that uses ECU editor, but there are guys out there.

Reactions: Ham
You can do it either way. It is harder to find a shop that uses ECU editor, but there are guys out there.
ok I see are the PC's reliable as far as failure rate. I don't want to be stuck somewhere because of the power commander failing. If so could i just unplug it and still be on my way. Just trying to avoid piggy backing stuff.

I have a simple question, When adding a full exhaust system, and doing a dyno tune is it absolutely necessary to use a power commander to tune or can you also just use the ecu. I'm kind of confused.
So far i'm Flashed,K&N filter and R1 throttle mod.
Looking to get exhaust next month sometime I'm leaning towards a Alien Head or the Yoshi R55

Everyone has an opinion, that's for sure. Try to sort out the ones that are qualified and those that are not. Take a look at this thread, it may be helpful . . .

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/ecu-or-power-commander.177486/

Ive never had an issue with any of the DJ products in the last 17yrs since installing a PC2 on my '00 back in winter of '99. Probably had a half dozen various PowerCommaders on a handful of different bikes in that 17yr time frame,never an issue.
Although you will hear some people say they have had issues,just like any other mass produced item.
Chances are you won't have any problems

Reactions: Ham
Everyone has an opinion, that's for sure. Try to sort out the ones that are qualified and those that are not. Take a look at this thread, it may be helpful . . .

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/ecu-or-power-commander.177486/
frank you have a good point, great information that i read. What do you charge for dyno tuning

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 2.41.28 PM.png

Back