Yoshi alpha t map

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
So I know quite a few people have installed the alpha t on a second gen just wondering if anyone has had theirs tuned after the install. I have had mine on since last season and it seems near impossible to get the money and time together to get it tuned so I'm thinking of doing something about it like a pc5 or bazzaz or possibly get a flash kit from smith's website. I just want to see if anyone might have a map they'd be willing to share and what its on before I decide which direction to go. My ideal scenario would of course be getting her on a dyno but since that don't look too be in the cards I'm kind of leaning towards the flash kit and I'd probably get the bench flash kit so that I would be able to do some simple flashing for a few others once I learn what I'm doing and maybe offset the price a little. If I can't find a map close to my setup (alpha t full exhaust and k&n filter and blocked pair valve) then I really like bazzaz as my next option but again I haven't had any luck finding a shared tune for my setup so I guess it'll all come down to what the org may have or what suggestions you make ASIDE FROM GET IT TUNED :lol:, like I said I know that is best and what I really want but kind of hard to find an open dyno with someone I trust when i have the funds. And even if you don't wanna share your map and you've had a gen 2 tuned with an alpha exhaust at least share your numbers because I have yet to see a dyno sheet of this exhaust and I really wanna see some numbers :laugh::laugh:. Also not knowing the numbers kind of makes me more annoyed i didn't take the time to check on the one @mabupa had for sale before I bought the yoshi:banghead: :banghead::banghead::lol:

I would like to know as well having installed Alpha T last night. I keeping insert installed.
I've read a few times about the insert but I don't remember mine having one or if i took it out, you don't by chance have any pics from your install do you that might show it?

Last edited:
Sorry no pictures of install. From what I have read the obvious rubber plug on the outside of the muffler facing the frame is the access for the bolt to remove insert. Can't find where I read that. I chose to leave insert installed. I confirmed before purchase the video on Yoshimura youtube page of the white/red Hayabus with Alpha T does not have insert installed . Insert out per video is too loud for this old guy. What has me wondering is why the insert and bolt is not indicate in the install diagram/ instruction on their website . hmm.

Sorry no pictures of install. From what I have read the obvious rubber plug on the outside of the muffler facing the frame is the access for the bolt to remove insert. Can't find where I read that. I chose to leave insert installed. I confirmed before purchase the video on Yoshimura youtube page of the white/red Hayabus with Alpha T does not have insert installed . Insert out per video is too loud for this old guy. What has me wondering is why the insert and bolt is not indicate in the install diagram/ instruction on their website . hmm.
I'm gonna double check mine tomorrow but from what I read the silencer insert is an option and doesn't come installed. And since the alpha t for the busa is a "race" exhaust it should be straight open but I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Now you have me curious if I have an insert factory installed. Please let me know what you find out.
Definitely a little late on answering but I was correct and the alpha doesn't have a baffle in it from the factory. You can look straight thru it, it did have the rubber plug you can pull out for the screw that you install if you but the baffle in. I did look it up and you can order the baffle so if you wanted to quieten it down a little more it is doable. Compared to my buddies brocks the yoshi is a lot quieter especially just cruising around and the right type of loud if you really get into it. I had to have him order a baffle for his brocks just so I could stand to ride near him and it died help a little so I'm guessing the yoshi baffle would do about the same.

i plan on getting the alpha T as well, How long can you run your busa without a flash or anything? i am thinking of installing my Alpha t but going to wait until i find a trusted person to flash tune etc.

@Dopey how much is a dyno tune in the D? Around here you can get a good map done for $400 or so, and that is why I never really went to all the other stuff as it's pretty cheap to just have it tuned. Sounds like there are a few Alpha T guys here, maybe you all can pool your funds and get one tuned and then share the map.

i plan on getting the alpha T as well, How long can you run your busa without a flash or anything? i am thinking of installing my Alpha t but going to wait until i find a trusted person to flash tune etc.

The ecu flash really wakes up the engine, especially at low rpms, but there is no need to have it.
A basic gen2 ecu flash does not touch the air/fuel maps.
The a/f can be tuned through the ecu, but you need a dyno to do it.
You can use a PC a/f base map with or without an ecu flash, as well as Bazazz and data loggers.
If you have a full exhaust and aftermarket air filter, the engine is safe to run on the stock a/f map, it will Not be dangerously lean, and it will still run well, but definately do some sort of a/f tune when you're able.
I have flashed over 40 gen2 Busa and Bking ecu's over the years(I have a bench flasher, and can plug directly into them and several years of gsxrs, gsxrs in person only/need bike).
I flashed near 30 ecu's by mail here on the org.
I did them for free, just send a paid return shipping label, and pay it forward down the road.
I have talked to a couple guys lately through PM's, as my laptop with my flashing software is currently locked, and I can't get into anything.
I am going to take it to a friend's shop for repairs as soon as I get a chance, any day now, I've just been really busy.
As soon as I'm up and running again(I'll post a thread) anyone needing a gen2 Busa or Bking flash by mail can contact me.

I ran mine for quite awhile with just the standard flash I had powerhouse do years ago and it ran fine and plugs looked good when I changed them about 6k after I installed it. I now have a power commander fc I got from a member here and I'm running a generic map for the m4 and she seems to like it, I have 7 generic maps loaded on it and power wise the butt dyno says the m4 was the one to go with. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on without having the tune and running it, I was feeling the same way at first and contacted yoshi and was told it wasn't an issue which made me feel good enough to go ahead.

@Dopey how much is a dyno tune in the D? Around here you can get a good map done for $400 or so, and that is why I never really went to all the other stuff as it's pretty cheap to just have it tuned. Sounds like there are a few Alpha T guys here, maybe you all can pool your funds and get one tuned and then share the map.
It really varies a lot from the shops I've looked into but only found 1 that I think I would trust and that's the place that built @s3ns4i bike. Depending if it's ecu or pc obviously he charges different but I was figuring 400 -500 the way he's priced

Its 600 for your fancy exhaust :laugh:
For ecu he had it listed starting at 450 and with the pc 300 with just a plain old yoshi exhaust like mine so I figured I'd go with the ecu unless he preferred the pc . Whichever they're more comfortable with.
he likes the ecu better. We need to get together and ride before its over. I haven't seen you all year! Bike is actually up there now :(

Its 600 for your fancy exhaust :laugh:
For ecu he had it listed starting at 450 and with the pc 300 with just a plain old yoshi exhaust like mine so I figured I'd go with the ecu unless he preferred the pc . Whichever they're more comfortable with.
Are you going for max power or rideability? I told my tuner I wanted as smooth a low end as possible and more torque. This ended up costing me about 3 hp on top I think but the bike is a joy to ride on real-world streets. I know you know this but it's always good to talk to your tuner about what you are looking for before he tunes the bike.

Are you going for max power or rideability? I told my tuner I wanted as smooth a low end as possible and more torque. This ended up costing me about 3 hp on top I think but the bike is a joy to ride on real-world streets. I know you know this but it's always good to talk to your tuner about what you are looking for before he tunes the bike.
That's why Suzuki was smart like a fox and designed the gen 3 for more low to mid range...when they did their research they probably noted that more people operate in this range verses top end...

Back