K&N Question

Stoli

Registered
I have a k8 with Yosh R77 and I'm using one of the generic maps available for the pcIII from the Power commander site. I just added a K&N air filter to the bike and am wondering if anyone knows of a map available for this set up? Or if a new map is even needed?

I know I need to have the bike tuned at some point, was just hoping to get close with a map in the short term. Any info is greatly appreciated!

I hope someone with real knowledge will chime in. GPW has performed numerous baseline and modified runs on his dyno along with many others. On the GenI from memory you couldn't truly beat the factory filter unless you were willing to sacrifice the health of the motor.

I hope someone with real knowledge will chime in. GPW has performed numerous baseline and modified runs on his dyno along with many others. On the GenI from memory you couldn't truly beat the factory filter unless you were willing to sacrifice the health of the motor.

that is what i read in the past and that is why i went back to stock. ???

If you want a true performance increase chaeck with Greg (GPW). He has other air filters that are better. Yes, re-mapping may be needed.

P.

Thanks for the input, I guess I'll ride it as-is till I can get it to someone to do the tuning.

You could just pull the PC from it and let the stock ecu compensate. It will probably run better.

No way, the PCIII made a HUGE improvement over the stock ecu. I ran it stock for 8,000 miles before putting the PCIII on. It feels like a new bike now, much smoother and the "seat of the pants" power is greatly improved.

I also heard that the stock air filter flows nearly as good or as good as the K+N, BMC Street and the Pipercross. BMC Race flowed better but at the expense of poor filtration.(less than adequate) I don't know first hand but this is what I've read here but if somebody know differently then let me know cause my K8 is just about due for a filter.

I also heard that the stock air filter flows nearly as good or as good as the K+N, BMC Street and the Pipercross. BMC Race flowed better but at the expense of poor filtration.(less than adequate) I don't know first hand but this is what I've read here but if somebody know differently then let me know cause my K8 is just about due for a filter.

K&N has a new "RACE FILTER" out now that's suppose to FLOW some great#'s......Not sure how the filtering will be compared to stock though? Might want to check into it?

Back