Dunlop Road Smart or Mich. Road 2 ?

harros

Registered
Ok been riding the Road 2's for the past couple of sets and getting around 3.5k rear and 4k front . I am an aggressive rider and live near some awesome curves , but this summer I am going to do some long distance riding maybe even to California from Tennessee and was wanting to know if anyone has tried the Road Smarts and if they would get better mileage than the Road 2's.
Thanks
Shane

i got over 5k on a rear roadsmart on my 07 busa. caught a nail is the only reason i replaced it.
on some of the slicker streets it would break loose if i tried a 1st gear gas wheelie

Last edited:
metzeler sportec m3 - best tyre ever!

You may very well be correct? However, Sport Rider did a tire test last year that rated the Metzeler Sportec M3 second from the very bottom on traction. Only the Continental Contisport Attack was rated lower. Their overall rating was very low as well. :dunno:

I have the metzeler on my busa and in my opinion it's the best tyre ever, because it gets warm fast and it's a superb tyre when it's raining. very sticky even if the tyre is cold. maybe I have other requirements on a tyre ;-)

I would give Avon Storms a try. I've been happy with them. Excellent in the wet and they last. I can't wait to try the new Storms Ultra. That will be my next set.

I love my Avon Storms that I had on my '06 LE. They were really good tires and got some great mileage out of them . Would highly reccomend them to anyone. :thumbsup:

Back