Bridgestone, Dunlop, Michelin???

video

Notice, this is at a race track, not a public roadway.

What this video shows is a couple of well schooled riders with a bag filled with skill who has long since emptied their bag full of luck. It's not their first Rodeo. The riders on this forum who can milk a touring tire to it's limits with confidence you can count on one hand. If you try romping any tire with touring on the sidewall to it's limits, you will most likely be hauling your bike home in the back of a truck.

Guys with touring tires on a sport bike show up at the track now and then. Even though they are cautioned about lack of grip they fall down twice as often. Lack of skill combined with lack of tire knowledge has a habit of not ending well.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, giving a good honest opinion is one thing, but you don't have to disrespect another member.

Oh yes he does mate.... he's like one of those old silverback gorillas who was once the alpha male but now, as time has gone on, is just a grumpy old sod who likes to troll...

I have pr3's on the king. Always used them. Great grip in the twisters but I don't ride as fast as others. I "think" I'm quick and then someone flies past me :rofl:
Regular ride outs are fine but I wouldn't want to track them.

What this video shows is a couple of well schooled riders with a bag filled with skill who has long since emptied their bag full of luck. It's not their first Rodeo. The riders on this forum who can milk a touring tire to it's limits with confidence you can count on one hand. If you try romping any tire with touring on the sidewall to it's limits, you will most likely be hauling your bike home in the back of a truck.

Guys with touring tires on a sport bike show up at the track now and then. Even though they are cautioned about lack of grip they fall down twice as often. Lack of skill combined with lack of tire knowledge has a habit of not ending well.

I believe you miss the point. Despite everyone being an expert on all things as well as the next upcoming Marc Marquez, sport touring tires are much more capable than most people give them credit. The fact is simply that They both can and do get used, for occasional track day use. As a street tire, they can most anything that will be getting thrown at them. If you "NEED" the stickiest of sticky tires to be safe on PUBLIC roadways you need to seriously reevaulate your riding habits.

You'd be better served to stick with Law Enforcement, something you are good at! By the way Homer, wasn't it you who took this thread south when your feelings was hurt. Not because of the substance but you didn't like the delivery :D

I'm not good at anything. I darn sure hope I never made that assertion, anyway, this thread went south when you came in; made a good comment but had to insult someone which added absolutely nothing to the thread.

Not many of my post are serious, but this post is.

Anyone have first hand knowledge of the T 30 on a Busa and the kind of mileage you can expect. It'll probably be another year before I need to replace my PR3s :laugh: , but I'm curious.

I will let you know. I have run the 021 and 023 on the busa and should have the t30's mounted before too long. The 023's on the bike now have about 8k on them now and I am on the wear bars.

Looks like I can get a set TMD for $240. Not expensive. The Michelins were a little cheaper in April. From memory I was paying close to that for a rear only before.

Mmmm, having run PR3s on a previous bike, I'd not be too keen to put them on my Busa. Well, not if I wanna ride my Busa the way Mr Suzuki intended anyway.
Just got a set of Bridgestone S20s put on, so will see how they go mileage wise...next up will be a set of PP3s. Oh yeah, I ride plenty of clicks and I don't mess about.
I suspect that the ideal combo for a reasonably gently ridden Busa will be a sport front combined with a sport touring rear, and do a full set swap when the rear is toast. As for brand preference...mmmm...not a biggie really.

However, if your skills were among the upper tier you would already be educated in tire performance and wouldn't be asking for advise on tire choice. :dunno:

I'm not good at anything. I darn sure hope I never made that assertion, anyway, this thread went south when you came in; made a good comment but had to insult someone which added absolutely nothing to the thread.

Not many of my post are serious, but this post is.

Apparently this it the statement that got your panties all wadded up. That my friend is a factual statement. I tell it like I see it. If you want to debate the statement, be my guest. I'm not here to rub your belly and tell you bed time stories to make you feel good, that's your mama's job. You don't like me, you've made that perfectly clear. I have no issue with that.

Further more, who appointed you to step in and defend someone's honor? Is that law enforcement attitude over reaching into your social life? With 62K posts, I'm thinking this may be your social life, I don't know? :dunno:

FWIW....

I scrubbed in an Avon 3D Ultra Supersport front tire today. Matched up with a well used and abused Storm 2 Ultra rear, I was very well pleased.

FWIW....

I scrubbed in an Avon 3D Ultra Supersport front tire today. Matched up with a well used and abused Storm 2 Ultra rear, I was very well pleased.

I was running the Avon Storms until the last change. No issues, but I was only getting maybe 6K on the rear and 8K on the front. Way past that on the PR3s now.

Hmmm belly rub :laugh: Tuf, no hate here in my heart. Sorry you feel the need to insult the crap out of people in every post.

Hmmm belly rub :laugh: Tuf, no hate here in my heart. Sorry you feel the need to insult the crap out of people in every post.

Your opinion of me Robert and three bucks will buy you coffee at starbucks! Enjoy the coffee!

I like matching sets of tires as I think they were engineered to be used that way, Q2s are what I'm using as I like all the help I can get, but I ride fairly hard. That's what a Hayabusa was made for, other wise you should ride a HD, Goldwing etc.

My wife says I have no opinion and I darn sure don't have three bucks or live within 60 miles of a starbuck, so I'm just SOL :laugh:

Back