Bridgestone BT-021 Part Duex

GoAWOL

Abiit, excessit, evasit
Donating Member
Registered
Needed some new tires and despite the last fiasco I had with my Bridgestone BT-021 tires (link here) I've decided to run them again. The reason I am running them again is mostly because the front was free (thanks to Bridgestone agreeing that the front wore out much to quickly the last time) and this time of year that's the right price.

My plan is to document the wear on this set of tires so that future buyers can be better informed. Here are some pics of my new shoes before any mileage. The odometer reads 16,606 miles. I commute 30 miles one way each day so once the holidays are over I should be racking up some mileage.

On a side note...want to once again thank Rockadaous for his help in getting these new rubbers most of the way on. Lesson Learned: DO NOT TRY TO MOUNT COLD TIRES!!:laugh: This one simple statement became obvious when we were trying to fit the last 12 inches of tire on to the rim. Needless to say, Cycle Gear got a visit that day to finish the job.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

they look good. do you plan on taking measurements periodically? or just an overall review.

i still say we should have tossed them in the oven :laugh:

they look good. do you plan on taking measurements periodically? or just an overall review.

i still say we should have tossed them in the oven :laugh:

I figure I'll check in every 2k or so..just to keep people wondering what the hell I'm talking about.

If we could have fit them in there without your wife seeing that might have done the trick.:laugh:

pretty :bowdown:

Funny thing with tires. I run Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's on my truck, I run Bridgestone Fusion's on my wifes car. The Fusions replaced Michelins that we both hated.

Then enter the bike, I've decided to not run Bridgestones this year and will be ordering a set of Michelin Pilot Road2's

anxiously waiting.... Fresh 021, 016 or the Q's was a lot easier when we did not have so many choices.... Dunlop sport elites or Avons.. :) (yea I know old old stuff)

Back