Bridgestone vs Michelin vs Others

the q2 is a dual compound tire right? Isnt the side wall made soft for traction? so wouldnt it still get warm and slid out still? I rode on a 1000 with those on it and it seemed when i would take corners hard it seemed like i could feel the tire transition. I could be crazy....that was when they first came out and i never rode a pair again.

Rememder all 2CTs have a weaker (dont know if its right term) carcasse. So these tires are soft in the meaning of weight they can hold. The Busa is to heavy for theese.
If you live in hot areas take the Metzeler Racetec K3.
I have buddys in greece and they are very happy with it even on racetrack.
Important for me:
On public roads use normal pressure of 2.9 bar think ~ 42PSI on every brand and be happy.
Pirelli Angel is also an opton for higher temps + mileage.
Didnt try them myself ,but was on trips with buddys riding them and there was no problem.

Every new brand you try has different feeling ,so give them 500 miles to learn how they roll.
I needed about 1000 miles with the PiPo as it is gives a kind of "instable" feeling . Thats only because of the peak form.
I live in a mid temp region and ride between 5-30°average.

I can give you three reasons not to settle for Michelins!

1. Dunlop
2. Bridgestone
3. Pirelli

When I saw this thread, I started looking for this post!:rofl:

In all honesty, if you get modern, sport oriented, name brand tires and dont run them past their prime, you'lll be just fine!

I just got a set of pilot power 2cts for our trip to the Dragon,and love them. That's coming from Contential sport attacks. The Michelin has a steeper profile that I really like compared to the sport attacks.
Posted via Mobile Device

i have the 2cts on mine coming from the stocks.... i feel a little more confident in the curves, but that just might be that i'm becoming a better rider too

Back