Bridgestone vs Michelin vs Others

Aashish

Registered
I'm gonna be replacing my tires after only about 2800 miles as the rear tire center has lost some tread. Have been doing reserach on the web and here but nothing recent seems to be coming up for "Best Tires". From what I've been reading so far Michelin seems to be coming up a lot in advice columns...which Michelin to use I don't know...any other tire I should consider?

Just wanted some good advice as to which tires are the best for grip and braking, longevity is not a concern that much...performance is. Thanks guys!

Three responses and all three different. You will never get agreement from everyone when it comes to tires. Michelin makes a variety of tires from sport tour to full on track tires. You need to figure out where you fit in that mix and pick from there.

I have run on my bike
Michelin - Pilot Road 2s (Not 2cts)
Bridgestone - BT016s
Bridgestone - BT003RS (Track tire)
Dunlop - Q2s

For the most miles I would ride the PR2s.
For track or sprited riding would put me on the Q2s.

You'll have to figure out the best tire for your riding style.

If the centers are wearing, you may want to look into dual compound tires. They have a harder compound in the centers and softer on the sides. I opted for the Pilot Road 2's myself as I don't have twisties and I'm not a 'knee dragger'. A few makers with different compound variations to choose from.

Using the K3 metzeler racetec,thinking of trying the michelin pilot pure.Any feedbacks on the O2s?

Q2 all the way, and $200 a full set if you order at the right time!

I'm gonna be replacing my tires after only about 2800 miles as the rear tire center has lost some tread. Have been doing reserach on the web and here but nothing recent seems to be coming up for "Best Tires". From what I've been reading so far Michelin seems to be coming up a lot in advice columns...which Michelin to use I don't know...any other tire I should consider?

Just wanted some good advice as to which tires are the best for grip and braking, longevity is not a concern that much...performance is. Thanks guys!

I can give you three reasons not to settle for Michelins!

1. Dunlop
2. Bridgestone
3. Pirelli

I've been running Michelin's top tires for years on my Gixxers and now on my Busa. They are consistantly the best. 3K miles is about all you can expect from a high performance rear.

I have had 2 set of Bt016 and I like them, last longer then the Bt002's. But the Bt002's handled great, more grip. I have Pilot power pure's on the busa and I dont like them. The bridgestone's for me were better.. However will try the Q2's on it when they are done. I did a track day on the q2's on my 09 1k and loved them. Also followed a few of them on there busa's with q2's and they do very well!

Last edited:
You must choose your tires fitting to your driving style !

My tires:

BT56 > ok ,best for highspeed ,very very low milage max 2000
BT14 > same as above < both not good in wet conditions

Michelin PilotPower > best grip ,good milage 3-3.5k,absolutely superstar in rainy weather , not for racetrac in hot conditions
> my choice > NO 2CT as the carcasse is to soft for the weight

Conti sport attack > good grip , low milage > not as good as the PiPo in rain > same in dry conditions,cheaper
ride this one on my Tuono in 190/55 for handling

PR2< your choice for milage 5+,good grip ,> nice allrounder < no racetrack when hot

MetzelerZ6 > high milage > good grip > looks ugly

For me PiPo is my choice and i wont change anymore.Good handling ,best in rain ,and never had any probs in dry. racetrack only short turns not more than 15-20 minutes

Never tested th Q2. Buddy of mine has a B-King and the first was verry good, When he bought the next he had problems.
Now hes also running on PiPo

If you go on racetracks take the Metzeler Racetec

Pic is BT after 15min track
others our area

Bottenbach 005-k.jpg

Bowling 031.jpg

Testrun 013k.jpg

Hey B-12, good overview on a lot of brands (cuz I agree with your assessments!). The thing is, your point about PP's getting greasy when hot is SO ACCURATE and for guys like me that live in hot places with hot tracks and twisties.....I just can't continue buying em (tired of the rear stepping out often) so as soon as I wear out my last set, I'm going with TufBusas recommendation....Q2's.

Back