Q3 or Pilot Road 5

i have a set of 003s on the bike now. Once i get new rims i will put the 010 apex on those rims. I havent had any real issues with shinkos, had some minor trust issues back in the day and some sliding, but i think that was all my tech and being nervous about them. last bus had em on it (003) and they held up to any corners i wanted to do at any speed.

I had great results with Continental, although they don't seem to popular with the Hayabusa crowd.
Reasonable price too.

cheers
ken
Which ones do you use? I was looking at the support attacks and the motions recently as a possible next tire.

Reactions: kml
Which ones do you use? I was looking at the support attacks and the motions recently as a possible next tire.
Conti road attack 3, I have yet to try the road attack 4.
I've tried the Contimotion. I can't tell the difference between them, except the road attack 3 was good for an extra 1000 kilometers or so.

The Continentals tend to have a rounder profile than say a Metzler or Bridgestone. I thought I would like the more triangular profile of say a Bridgestone T31 evo but I actually prefer the neutral handling of the Continentals.

They also have a softer sidewall and carcass construction which is great for compliance over bumps but you lose a tiny amount of feedback. Again this is something that I though I would not like but I was wrong.

The Contimotions are inexpensive as well.

cheers
ken

DC783ADD-1287-4B25-A16E-B997000AAEC8.jpeg

Just arrived today and will get them changed out tomorrow. Probably a few weeks before I can take the bike out and test them out.

Ive enjoyed them so far. Got caught once in the rain and was surprised how well the tires were gripping the road. I’ve gone on a few spirited rides and have been impressed. Definitely a good choice for normal riding/touring.

I think I might have around 2,000 miles on them and still look new.
I have a road 6 on the rear that's been there for about 2,000 miles also. Zero complaints about it and was also impressed with the traction in the rain. Riding like a sane person instead of how I normally ride I had plenty of confidence in it.

I also can't even tell it's worn other than the little nobby things are gone from the mold process. I was so happy with it I went to get one for the front, but they had a road 5 in stock for 25% off and said they could have it on and out the door in 15 min so I couldn't pass that up.

Hi. Has anyone ran a Michelin Power Cup 2? I have picked a Dunlop Q3+ 120/60/17 for the front and a Power Cup 2 in a 200/55/17 for the rear. I will run the Marvic rims frond and rear. Standard with front and a 6 3/4 wide rear. The only draw back is the rear tire has to stay above 41 degrees. So I hope my girl friend does not mind sleeping with tire and batteries.

Hi. Has anyone ran a Michelin Power Cup 2? I have picked a Dunlop Q3+ 120/60/17 for the front and a Power Cup 2 in a 200/55/17 for the rear. I will run the Marvic rims frond and rear. Standard with front and a 6 3/4 wide rear. The only draw back is the rear tire has to stay above 41 degrees. So I hope my girl friend does not mind sleeping with tire and batteries.
Hi. I wiil try to post some pics.

Back