Do you spank your children?

Do you spank your children? - yes or no

• No

Votes: 88 100.0%

• Total voters
Spanking (like whooping someone's...) is a last resort for me. But if you're gonna do it... DO IT. Make sure they don't want another one.

I spanked both of my kids when they needed it and they listened to the 123 count. Kids do things wrong all the time but they are learning , spanking is a last resort and should only be for defiant behavior .

I also spank my wife !
spank.gif
zzwhip.gif

My boys do get spankings...actually, it's been a while since the older one (7) got any, but when he was smaller he did...it's a fairly rare occurrence because we have other methods of punishment that work better than getting physical...there's a time and place for everything and I'm a firm believer in "certain punishment doesn't work for everyone every time"...

Oh yeah ... placing your hands and such on a child in ANY rough manner in public wouldn't be such a good idea.
For a small fee I can provide a spanking service. When your child is acting up in public, just call my number and I will find you via GPS, spank the child and disappear. The extremists can't have you up for child abuse, the child is disciplined and everyone around you will be grateful.
spank.gif

My boys do get spankings...actually, it's been a while since the older one (7) got any, but when he was smaller he did...it's a fairly rare occurrence because we have other methods of punishment that work better than getting physical...there's a time and place for everything and I'm a firm believer in "certain punishment doesn't work for everyone every time"...
corner2.png
computer.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
guns.gif
cursin.gif
ban.gif
zzwhip.gif

all seem to come to mind...

rofl.gif

Actually I can raise my voice to a level of a military D.I. and send the entire family cowering. It may just be the blood vessels in forehead popping too.

Yes I believe in spanking. My son is 12 and my daughter is 8. I can count on my hand how many times I had to spank my son, but done right I haven't spanked him in about 2 years. I have spanked my daughter once, and I think my feelings were hurt more than hers, she was about 5. I think that today people are so worried about what the "System" will do to them if they discipline their, that too many kids go unpunished. If they kill someone, the law isn't going count to three and see if they stop. Granted my kids don't get spankings often, but they know what will get them spanked and I feel like as long as I explain to them why they understand.

I dunno.. the SRO Officer here carries one and the only time he can use one if they are a danger to another student/ person.

Their theory is "tasers are for containing people and keep them from going anywhere" In schools students are going anywhere quickly so we can't use it on them if they are just fighting (even if they throw a punch at an officer)

Throwing a punch at an officer. THIS goes unpunished? Man, with kids toting weapons to school, and USING them, authority retaliation ought to be the first priority. Any kid old enough to THROW a punch is old enough to know what he is doing, and what will happen.

My wife is a teacher also (elementary) And they can't do nothing to kids . You would be amazed at the storys I hear of kids that are in 1st -5th grade that will get in your face and just don't care . Then when you call the parents they say well wha tdid you do to my little jimmy or they do nothing . Teachers have NO authority in class anymore and parents aren't doing anything at home !

HELLZ YEAH!!!!

I remember a time when my friends' mother used to spank me/us for being bad and my mother thanked her for doing so. Then when I got home MY mother would spank me for being bad. No cops were called and no lawsuits were filed.

A friend of mine who lived a few minutes from me NEVER got spanked. He was a spoiled little brat and got everything he wanted WHEN he wanted it. I had to cut lawns and wash cars to make my money and buy what I wanted. My parents gave me what I needed but made me work for what I wanted.

He's in jail now for assault and battery ... on his mother!

Me ... I own a '07 Chevy Avalanche and a '05 Hayabusa. My girl who also got spanked growing up owns a '05 GMC Denali, a '06 LE Hayabusa, and a '07 Acura TL. We both make more than $50,000 per year LEGALLY. Neither of us drink, smoke, do any kind of drugs, and have no criminal record.

Spank 'em and tell 'em NightCrawler told you to do it!
I think that society has put an influence on children these days. In the old days, a whipping was warranted for any amount of disrespect. Nowadays I watch children in the supermarket curse their mothers because she won't buy a candy bar for him. Sorry folks, but there is a big difference between and old fashioned whipping and all out abuse. How a child turns out is usually tied to the environment they are raised in. I just can't buy into the notion that children misbehave and do bad things or become unsuccessful in life because they were given whippings when they were children. And let's not forget the person (you all know who she is...) who came up with the 'Timeout' concept never had any children.

Throwing a punch at an officer.  THIS goes unpunished?   Man, with kids toting weapons to school, and USING them, authority retaliation ought to be the first priority.  Any kid old enough to THROW a punch is old enough to know what he is doing, and what will happen.
There are plenty of kids that punch, spit on, and kick officers when they are trying to break up fights... the girls are the worst....

I saw one girl get picked up off her feet with her arms behind her and slammed into the ground face first because she kept spitting on the officer.... These guys don't play.

And FRISBEE... you are right.... these kids are nuts and most of them are too dumb to realize it (most of the time they act just like their parents). I call parents and they just don't care... that is why I am glad I am teaching Highschool now.... parent calls aren't mandatory.... the student is old enough to know better and will be held accountable for their actions....

Back