Spanking your child

Kids need to be spanked now and then. I took a few when I was young and learned a great deal of respect from them. My gf has a 2 1/2 y/o and he was on a rampage (biting, kicking, hitting, ect) for a couple months. I told her that if he was my kid (or living under my roof) he would have been spanked. Her and her mother disagreed and thought that it was wrong. Well after a couple weeks of time outs not working, taking away toys, no snacks, ect he got his ass cracked a few times (by her). The behavior problems stopped, and he started catching himself acting up before it made it to "that" point and corrected it himself. In no way did he get BEAT, he just had his bare butt smacked. I personally dont see an issue with smacking now and then as long as they understand what they are receiving it for and it is not done in a fit of anger on your part.

I'm sorry but I disagree, There is a difference in beating and spanking a child. I never got many spankings from my dad but MaMa whooped my but regularly. When Daddy whipped me, I didn't forget why. There's nothing that ticks me off worse than a child talking back to their parents. That's enough, I'm done.

I grew up with the tree switches and a belt.

That's not the way it'll be with my kid. I grew up firm and do believe in spanking, but not like that.

BTW...mine was born last week. He's darlin and got some growing to do first~!~

99 in a 35:rofl:

i used to get some serious ass whooping's.my mother divorced my father for being so abusive...now I'm the guardian of my father and I took away his cigarettes and phone and I drive his 1967 plymouth...lol

:laugh:

A parent should be smart enough to control a child without hitting them.
Call spanking what ever you want, it is still hitting a child. If an adult strikes an adult it is a crime.

You're right an adult striking an adult is a crime. Well if it's unwanted touching anyway :laugh: Not parenting a child is too.

Last edited:
This I do agree with the lack of any ability to discipline has created a very disrespectful generation because they have no fear of the consequences that befit certain situations.

That's a misconception or at least it is in most states, check your local laws. You can discipline a child you just can't abuse a child and that typically means leaving bruises, etc. It's called parenting, it's not like you're sticking a lighted cigarette to them.

I absolutely agree with not striking while angered.

That's a misconception or at least it is in most states, check your local laws. You can discipline a child you just can't abuse a child and that typically means leaving bruises, etc. It's called parenting, it's not like you're sticking a lighted cigarette to them.

+1 on the while angered I'm perfectly ok with the occasional smack on bare @ss when appropriate.

You're right an adult striking an adult is a crime. Well if it's unwanted touching anyway :laugh: Not parenting a child is too.

'Refusing' to parent a child should carry the death penalty. Many of those that refused are directly responsible for events like Columbine and the Tacoma Mall shootings.

Everyone parent has a choice. Be a parent, or not. If you want to be a friend to your child, you are refusing to be a parent. Telling yourself anything different is lying to yourself at the expense of everyone around you and the people your children will affect in the future. This is why we have Generation "E" now. The "E" is for "Entitlement", for those who don't know.

If anything you have read in this post offends you, you must be guilty of not parenting. The truth can hurt.

Man this was supposed to lighten the mood hopefully nobodies taking this to heart here it started as a joke. but hey looks like we have serious conversation now

I grew up with the tree switches and a belt.

That's not the way it'll be with my kid. I grew up firm and do believe in spanking, but not like that.

BTW...mine was born last week. He's darlin and got some growing to do first~!~

Oh boy that brings back memories. Being told to go outside and get a switch and being told what it better and better not be and that they better not have to come find me. I wonder if that was to let the lesson soak in or to give them a moment to calm down or both :laugh:

end of discussion for me.

Last edited:
Breakfast

A 6 year old and a 4 year old are upstairs in their bedroom. 'You know what?' says the 6 year old. 'I think it's about time we started cussing. The 4 year old nods his head in approval. The 6 year old continues, 'When we go downstairs for breakfast, I'm gonna say something with hell and you say something with @ss.' The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.

When the mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6 year old what he wants for breakfast, he replies, 'Aw, hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios.'

WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear with every step. His mom locks him in his room and shouts, 'You can stay there until I let you out!'

She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4 year old and asks with a stern voice 'And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?' I don't know, he blubbers, but you can bet your fat @ss it won't be Cheerios!!

My son is 5 and hasn't had a spanking in a long time. I'm strict with him, and he knows there are consequences for actions. His mother thinks I'm too hard on him, and I asked her what she was gonna do when he was 15 years old 6'4" and 250 lbs, had her hemmed up in a corner? Answer was "Call you." I told her that's exactly why I'm strict with him. He may not always like me, but he WILL respect his parents.
This must also be tempered with love. Each day I see him (we have joint custody) I tell him I love him, and more importantly show him I do. He knows I do what I say I'm gonna do, regardless.
Too many kids do not have proper guidance and training at home, and it impedes them throughout their lives. As parents it is not only our responsibility to give our children all the help, love, discipline and guidance we can, it is our honor. They should have the opportunity to become better than we are.
While I empathize with those who were abused as children, there is a difference between discipline and abuse. I believe anybody that abuses a child should be punished unmercifully.
I suspect a lot of folks who think spanking a child is wrong don't have kids of their own. Time outs and corner standing don't work without the force to back them up. Ask any school teacher.
A little fear of authority is not a bad thing. I'm 39 and if my Father raised a hand to me today I would duck. Old habits die hard.

Back