Nebraska mall shootings

RSD, you been taking too much medication
tounge.gif
. At last count we had 75,000 US Troops in Afgan., what news station you been listening too. CNN  
rock.gif
(Better Known as the Clinton News Network
laugh.gif
)

The "bad" guys will always find a way around the system. Make stricter laws and the legit people will have a tuff time. The bad guys don't care about new laws. Laws don't apply to them.

Parents, or a lack thereof in this case, are usually a child's first defense against being a nobody loser in society...far too many fall through the cracks and society leaves 'em to fend for themselves...they spiral downward and eventually take their anger out on the innocent...it's a constant in our world today...

Taking guns out of our hands will never work...if you want a gun, you'll always be able to get one, just like illegal drugs...stricter gun laws will do little to deter these random acts of violence...

Playing the blame game will not remidy these incidents from happening again.
The world's population is growing and so will it's problems.

Parenting
You can be the best parent in the world and still have a kid that is messed up. To say my kid would never do something like this is just a false hope. Not taking anything away from all the good parents out there but any kid could grow up and become evil, just as some people have grown up in the worst environments imaginable and become outstanding citizens.

Gun Control
Banning guns would be like banning sportbikes. I believe there was a recent post on this board concerning this and everyone was shocked and outraged.
These are just a person's opinion of what they forsee as problems and don't understand.

When in fact if you were to ban guns in this day and age, I beleive crime would escalate exponentially. Example being kids are not affraid of going to prison. Now let them not be affraid of being shot and see what would happen.
Example
What if every convenient store clerk was armed with a gun and everyone knew. I'll bet conveient store crime would be non existant.

Dissect this all you want and the only conclusion would be more confusion. These problems are unfortunately not going away any time soon.

Society as a whole is to blame.

might be another post started about the tragity that happened in Colorado a few days ago... but I'll add it here too for those against armed people and assault rifles. the kid with an assautl rifle, 2 handguns, and reoprtedly 1k ammo in a backpack shot 4 killing 2 at one church/ study and went to another church and shot a few more, killing 2 and was SHOT AND KILLED BY AN ARMED SECURITY GUARD ATTENDING THE SERVICE AND HEARD THE SHOTS(A WOMAN THAT WAS EN EX-COP) BEFORE HE COULD INJURE / KILL ANY MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE! could have been a lot worse if it hadn't been for her to stop him. ALL THE AMMO, FIREARMS, THE DREADED ASSAULT RIFLE WAS NO MATCH FOR AN ARMED CITIZEN.

PAH...

Bad Parenting plays a role certainly, though I have buddies with some really crappy kids that are exceptional parents. The whole Nurture VS Nature thing has been played out for me graphically. Best environment you could ask for, kid is still a useless little prick.

As for "Who's Fault it is?" WTF? Have we as a society become such a brain dead, system dependent bunch of Sheeple that we are looking for BLAME? Grow Up, buy a clue, go play in traffic or do something useful like donate your organs for pete's sake. Fault? Fault? Hell maybe the little scumbag behind the trigger?
rock.gif

might be another post started about the tragity that happened in Colorado a few days ago... but I'll add it here too for those against armed people and assault rifles. the kid with an assautl rifle, 2 handguns, and reoprtedly 1k ammo in a backpack shot 4 killing 2 at one church/ study and went to another church and shot a few more, killing 2 and was SHOT AND KILLED BY AN ARMED SECURITY GUARD ATTENDING THE SERVICE AND HEARD THE SHOTS(A WOMAN THAT WAS EN EX-COP) BEFORE HE COULD INJURE / KILL ANY MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE! could have been a lot worse if it hadn't been for her to stop him. ALL THE AMMO, FIREARMS, THE DREADED ASSAULT RIFLE WAS NO MATCH FOR AN ARMED CITIZEN.
Very Good Point...

So instead of attempting to outlaw guns, which has done little
(seeing as most weapons used in crimes aren't obtained legally)how about we work on enforcing the laws we already have and encouraging firearm education? Make concealed/open carry the standard in more states. Nebraska has some of the more restrictive laws in the books, fat lot of good they did.

The sad part about this whole argument is that it polarizes the ignorant on both sides. You have semi-sentient, mouth-breathing Mall-Ninjas on one side, on the other you have a bunch of scared, fear filled, morons who have never handled a firearm espousing how dangerous and evil they are... It's pathetic.

There's an old maxim about arguing with idiots. "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." I give you both extremes of the firearm argument.

Back