Do you ride daily?? even in the rain??

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
Since I live in Seattle, Ive noticed I have ridden my bike DAILY (rain or shine, mostly rain though :p) since I picked her up 3 weeks ago.

Am I the only one doing this??

NO! :thumbsup:
I mean No that you are NOT the only one riding daily or in the rain!

Rain or shine. 110 or 10 deg. If winds are over 50 mph with a downpour then its off. The Sacramento weather has kept me from commuting by m/c twice in 2 1/2 years. But, I've caught some breaks and we dont get snow.

I don't intentionally ride in the rain, but if you ride in the southeast in the summer you are most likely going to encounter an afternoon shower.

I do all I can to avoid riding in the ride. I do not allow "macho" thinking to cloud my judgment.
For me personally riding is a balance. I weight the pleasure with the risk. Riding in the rain in my area is not pleasurable thus not worth the risk.
When riding stops being fun, I find a new game.

Being in Ohio, the weather is quite varied. I'll ride down to the high 20's with my heated gear. During the warmer months, I'll ride whenever. If it's going to rain the whole day, I'll probably not ride to work. Chance of rain? I'm there. When people at work ask me if I rode and it looks like it's going to rain, they always say "better get home quick!". I usually ignore it, since it doesn't bother me. :moon:

Went about 4 years living off the bike.

Couple years back, before wife and kids, didn't own a car. :laugh:

Finally got a car towards the end of college, and it was almost like a lifestyle change. Ya mean I don't have to gear up for ride, uh, I mean drive across town? :laugh:

I used to with the bikes I used to have. But I wont when I get my Hayabusa. I already have a daily driver, the bike will be my weekend fair weather toy just as my mustang is now.

I make a point to commute on the bikes as much as I can. I used to not ride because of things the weatheman said, but too many times it never rained. I evolved to only leave the bike home when it is pouring out in the morning. Ride my DL1000 when it is wet, older leathers saturated with camp dry, dirt bike style helmet & goggles. This saves me the trouble to shine up the Busa. The truth is that I really enjoy the wet days, misty, sprinkling, light rain... The air smells & feels better. My commute is ~4o min one way - 35 miles. I keep my office clothes dry always... couple of times I saturated through on the way home in big rain thunder busters - survived it. Of course I always make a point to raise above my fears and fully indulge in this lifespan of mine. I do cold, rattlesnakes, tarantulas, snapping turtles & honey bees & fear only mean women. I'm into DIY from cabinet making through stone work & major engine work. Like to buy tools. :laugh:

Your not alone. I ride everyday unless it's raining when I leave the house to go to work. If I can make it to work dry, I'm riding... The ride home I don't care, I have dry clothes at the house.... ride on...

I try not to ride in the snow. That's about the only thing that I really dont want to ride in.

I ride to work whenever I don't feel it's certain to rain. We get very few really cold days here; I'll ride with temps down to mid-30s (to work).

I only ride for recreation purpose. I haven't learned the pleasure of riding a busa in wet, wind, or at night. Perhaps when I buy a KTM, I would try.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back