Rain Gear

Iowadiver

Registered
What are you all using for rain gear? I unfortunatly get caught in the rain often, living in florida, and the rain gear I have really sucks. It was a cheap set from bike week a few years ago and I think it simply was a nylon material that had a waterproof coating on it that has since worn off.

Two Things I'm looking for:
1. something small enough to roll up/fold and stuff into my hump if possible... i have the tiger racing hump/glove box mod.

2. *most important* It seems that most rain gear is a two piece set and works best for people riding cruiser style bikes... my set seems to blow up behind me exposing my backside and allowing rain to soak my back and then drip down my pants... is there something better suited for sport bike riding.. maybe a one piece suit?

any suggestions would be great!
-Matt

Have you looked at the Tour Master Defender Two-Piece Rainsuit?
Pipe was thinking about ordering one of those soon.
One reviewer even said that it fits in the hump of a Hayabusa.
thumb_up.gif

CLICKY HERE

I ride in the Frog Toggs 2 piece set. Florida rain sucks, but the ride can still be enjoyable. I love the Toggs. They're lightweight, and packable. Decent price also.

I ride in the Frog Toggs 2 piece set. Florida rain sucks, but the ride can still be enjoyable. I love the Toggs. They're lightweight, and packable. Decent price also.
+1 I have a set of these... they are very light weight and breathable but water proof. They have snaps that will hold the top to the pants so you wont have that problem with them riding up your back.

We have the toggs too, but never had to use them yet. Wife got me a nice teal color!
banghead.gif

Toggs are great but I upgraded to a one piece Sidi rain suit and it is the best I have ever worn. Not small enough to fit in the hump when rolled up but has a belt that when rolled into the pouch can be worn as a hip pack.
thumb_up.gif

I picked up a Nitro rain suit. Excellent product, a guy on E-bay has an excellent description. You can purchase seperately to better match your size (XL top and L pants). The jacket has a built in pouch that becomes the bag for the jacket and pants for easy carrying and storage. I carried it under the hump on a recent trip so I am sure it will go inside the hump.

VEGA's Nitro Rainsuit jacket has a very thin hood tucked under the collar that can be rolled out in driving rains. Slip the hood on under your helmet and even the "blow by" from the wind or off your helmet won't go down your neck and into the back of your jacket.

The jacket comes down past my hips. I rode 100 miles in the rain on a recent trip, I did not get wet, and non of the water bled thru to my clothes. Only took about 30 sec to put on.

* Waterproof woven fabric - not rain resistant, but waterproof!!
* Vented mesh-lined jacket
* Sealed and taped seams
* Reflective stripe on jacket back
* Waterproof jacket pockets.
* Wide gusset pant bottom, easy-on over boots
* Nylon pant liner, easy-on over pants
* Elastic strap holds pant leg down
DSCN0746.jpg

aqua.jpg

I wore the Frog Toggs in a 140 mile downpour and didn't get wet at all. They store as flat as a T shirt and fit well in the hump or anywhere else. Very inexpensive compared to a full rain suit that (doesn't) store very well when not in use.

Tour Master here as well......
beerchug.gif

My little Bro got soaked in a heavy rain/heavy wind downpour wearing a brand new set of Frogg Toggs FYI...

are frog toggs designed for long distance wet riding? just to play devil's advocate... why are they so much better if they are so much cheaper?

Back