Do you ride daily?? even in the rain??

I will avoid the rain always!!!! I got caught in it a few weeks ago, it was very windy and rainy for a short period( 15- 20 minutes).It wasnt fun for me at all!!!
For me, its sunnny and above 10 celcius ( about 50 farenheit).Thats what its boiled down to for me.I'm 51 years old and I've always a had a car as a back up.

Because this bike is going to be a nice day kinda bike. I used to ride in the rain and when I get my gsxr back here I will ride that in the rain.

I don't like riding in the rain so I don't if I can help it. I must say though, I'd much rather be on my busa than the VTX I had should I get caught in the rain. Water seems to shed off a lot better on a sport bike. It just puddles in your lap on a cruiser.

I don't skip my obligations due to the rain. However I rather play in sunny days. I guess it's LA thing. I drove in snow first time in 20 years while back and it nearly killed me. Who knew I shouldn't downshift in snow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car got reposed, I ride rain, shine, hail, sleet or tornado's no matter what it's all I got atm. Friends say I am gonna die on that thing to which I say "could be" tomorrow is no guarantee for anyone so hug your mom & dad if they still in your life, love an cherish your friends an show them you do every chance you get. Make love to your lady (or man) as if this could be the last time you get to have them:thumbsup:

I live in SoCal..so I'm always riding. I'm moving to San Antonio, tx this fall....now thats when u should ask me this question :rofl:

Livin @ 6,000 ft ... has it's dis-advantages ??? ... like Rain ! yes I do, and this yr.. I actaully rode whils't ..it was snowing .. and that won't happen ..agian.... :whistle:

will not ride in the rain unless left with no choice.Dont want to dirty my black beauty and loss her shine

I find my self in the rain a lot. I won't leave in the rain but I don't mind coming home it in. The weather can change from hour to hour and town to town up here. I found I need to loosen up on the grips and the bike smooths out. She will react badly if you are tense.

What's the fear of riding in the rain?

Because when you are ready to sell it you will have to lie to say "Never been rained on"
:laugh:

By the way I rode my new home from the dealer in the rain!

Last edited:
I used to work with a guy who rode his bike to work rain or shine. He died one day riding home in the snow. Michigan weather...

I think he rode like a goldwing or something close to it.

Daily. Get wet alot [good rainsuit]. Not below 40 Deg.[deadly fear of black ice again] Old style Concours best bad weather bike [IMHO.]

Less traction and leather damage. Are they unreasonable?
Posted via Mobile Device
Not to mention that it takes hours to detail your ride back into showroom condition after you get home! I'm retired and my busa is for recreation only! I've been caught a couple times in afternoon summer downpours and can see nothing fun about coming home cold with soggy leathers and a filthy bike!

Back