Do You Love What You are Doing ?

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
I work in the Automotive Industry. I did'nt Choose it..............It just kinda fell into Place. :wtf: I Really wanted to be a COWBOY :dunno:.........Money is GOOD in the Auto Industry...........

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Motivates You ??

I actually went to college for motorcycle mechanics, went to work for a machine shop after that, and am now a Lead Operator at an Ethanol Plant. But I've liked all my jobs, and am happy to be working.

I actually do what I love for a living... When I am doing it. Never thought a BFA would take me very far and right now it's hard out there, but I feel very fortunate to get paid to do what I love to do.

Sitting in front of a computer at work all day is pretty much just like sitting in front of a computer at home all day... Cept it pays better.

I'm motivated by getting to spend the day with a hottie model and whatever the subject is, getting that shot and then building the print ad or whatever around it... :thumbsup:

Hopefully I'll be back at work soon, doing what I love.

At a refinery, job security is fairly good for us right now.
Can't really say that it was my dream to be here or that I am overly pleased with my job, but it does pay the bills and keep my children taken care of so no complaints here

I really enjoy what I do, but I'm starting a very hard course on Monday so I'm not quite so sure at the moment :lol:

I was with Sears for 15yrs. going on 16yrs. with KCPD. Can't complain about either.

This may sound odd, but I always wanted to be a doctor.

I choose Chiropractic, after doing a lot of homework about that job field and talking to a lot of chiropractors about their practice & hanging out watching what they do. It fit the profile of what I was looking for in a career. I did all the college for it, completed all the pre-med classes, tons of sciences, organic chemistry, human biology, medical terminology, plus lots of small business classes. I finished college, got accepted into two different Chiro schools in San Francisco and Minneapolis and was all set to go.

As I was finishing up, met my wife, courted, engagement, then got married one day after my last final. Three months later, she was pregnant and that was the end of that. :laugh:

I was writing about my motorcycle travels as a hobby at the time, which eventually became the present-day Pashnit Empire. If I would have gone to chiropractic school, never would have built the pashnit site, the CA Moto Roads site, the tour company, the Busa, just an entirely different path in life.

Nowdays I eat sleep breath motorcycles. Who knew.

Just one of those things.

Im a master cabinetmaker/woodworker for the last 20 years so I guess I enjoy it :laugh:

Picture 030.jpg

P9050027.JPG

Picture 019.jpg

P9050033.JPG

P2260024.JPG

Picture 030.jpg

P9050027.JPG

Picture 019.jpg

P9050033.JPG

P2260024.JPG

awesome woodwork:beerchug: I'm 37 and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...but I've always wanted to work at a body shop or mechanic shop, but every time ended up in either construction or delivery.

I am very fortunate and thankful for my job. I had always wanted to work in law enforcement but other jobs always seemed to prevent me from completing the testing procedures. I spent most of my 20's chasing the dollar and not my dream. By the time I hit my late 20's I had all but written it off. Then some changes were made.

By my late 20's I knew something was missing, several things were missing. I began to make changes, the biggest was that I began to live for God and not myself. My marriage and home life got much better and I felt satisfied in every way except for my job. I changed jobs and began selling cars for a living. It was better but still didn't fill that void. I began to think of a job in law enforcement again and felt that God wanted me there. Little did I know car sales was just a stepping stone because it made an opportunity for me to finally complete testing.

The first job I tested for was a job with the sheriffs office as a 911 dispatcher. I didn't want to do that work but again felt led in that direction so I tested. A couple months later I got called, not for a full time job but for a part time job. This created a dilemma as it didn't pay enough to pay the bills and there was no guarantee that it would lead to a full time job as there were no openings available. I could have worked both but believed that God told me to take the part time job and give it my all and to quit my sales job. It had to be God because it made no sense to me as I didn't know how the bills would be paid. So I took that step of faith after much prayer about it. Within three weeks one of the full time people quit unexpectedly and I was offered a full time position. That opened the door for me to test for patrol deputy at the sheriffs office as well as for our local municipal department. I placed first on both lists. Needless to say the sheriffs office offered me a job as a deputy two days before the city PD offered me a job. Both at a time where there were no openings. We had a deputy quit unexpectedly to create my current job. Within five years I had worked every aspect of the job from dispatcher to court deputy to patrol deputy to narcotics detective then general criminal detective. I've served on two tactical teams and have been made lead firearms instructor and armorer for my dept. I've received some high awards, even got my name entered into the Illinois House records for one situation. I love my job and don't say this to brag in any way. I say it because I know it was all made possible because I had put my faith in God and listened to what it was he wanted me to do. God gets the credit here, for I have done none of it, I just listened and followed his lead.

Sorry to get so long with this but I felt led to post it as I have. Times are tough for many right now with the current economy but God is still in control.

Started out wanting to be a chef. things happened I ended up as a paramedic. Right now I am taking a break from medical and working as a mobile Electronics Engineer for Magellan. It is a ok job, pays is great, the insurance rocks, hours are ok, but I just dont like having a boss that mirco manages people.. I spent 15 years in a ambulance where I was my own boss. Even if my supervisor showed up he did wehat I said when it came to patient care and what not..

Also owned a big bike shop, now run a smaller one out of my garage.. I really love doing that but dont see me doing it as a full time living. Would take the fun out of it

nope don't luv what I'm doing. There are times on different projects that there are so very motivational tasks but on the whole I would say no. My motivation is strictly monetary.

I can't say that I LOVE my job. I guess I like it, but some days I hate it. That probably has a lot to do with doing roughly the same thing for almost 30 years. One thing I do know, I'm sure glad to have my job. I've been with the company for 14 years now and even on the "hate it" days, I couldn't imagine quitting and going any place else.
I took a vacation day yesterday and rode the dirt bike at the woods use area most of the day. Since I was getting paid, I guess that made me a professional motorcycle rider for the day. Now that was a fun job.:thumbsup:

I work in a papermill. We make the paper for medicine boxes, lottery tickets, Mcdonalds containers, etc.
If you would have told me when I was in highschool that I would be working in a papermill at 33, I would have told you that you were a f*&%^ing idiot.
I was supposed to be a singer. I had several singing groups that failed. I ended up at 22 a father and a husband so I had to put the pipe dream on the back burner and it has been there every since.
I make good money where I work and it pays for the house, the busa, the jetta, the durango, and the mustang. Not all by myself though, the wife is an educator. I would love to work on bikes and cars full time. Thinking about getting to that MMI school at some point and time.

i am in auto industry too( dealership) do i like it now? no way with economy and effect on auto business, have done it for 10 years and looking forward to get better since it has been horrible the last 4-5 months!
i was in grocery business for 20 years before that in management.
i don't regret anything but when i went to college i wanted to study mechanical engineering like my brother which is a p.h.d. and professor at UC berkeley. i end up graduate with degree in marketing!
oh well ... hope things get better for auto business otherwise i have no choice to go different direction!:whistle:

Last edited:
Most days I love my job...somedays...pretty stressful...but the delayed gratification is finally worth the wait and sacrifices...M.D.

I'm a teacher... who else would babysit these future welfare recipients? I do enjoy teaching.... most of the time... the 3 months is the summer make it all worth it.. j/k!

On a daily basis I could think of 100 other things I would rather be doing... but this pays the bills (unlike 99 of the other things) and it keeps me out of trouble!

I'm a teacher... who else would babysit these future welfare recipients? I do enjoy teaching.... most of the time... the 3 months is the summer make it all worth it.. j/k!

On a daily basis I could think of 100 other things I would rather be doing... but this pays the bills (unlike 99 of the other things) and it keeps me out of trouble!

Keeps you OUT of trouble? Why dont I believe that

Back