Discussion on dates...

Which weekend in April/September works best?

• Last full weekend of each month

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Third full weekend of each month

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Figured I wouldn't clutter up the main thread, and the date has been set, reservations made, etc...

BUT, there's been some rumbling amongst members on why (and when) the official bash weekends went from the "last full weekend" of April and September to the 3rd weekend of those months...

Answer - no clue, but I've compiled all previous dates so we all can see we did used to do this on the last full weekends, and I have seen many quotes throughout the years stating the same...

So, what do we want to do with this info? Keep it the way it's been starting in 2012, or go back to the last full weekends of April/September?

2007 fall bash - Sept 28-30 (5th and last full weekend of Sept)

2008 spring bash - April 25-27 (4th and last full weekend of April)

2008 fall bash - Sept 26-28 (4th and last full weekend of Sept)

2009 spring bash - April 24-26 (4th and last full weekend of April)

2009 fall bash - Sept 25-27 (4th and last full weekend of Sept)

2010 spring bash - April 23-25 (4th and last full weekend of April)

2010 fall bash - Sept 24-26 (4th and last full weekend of September)

2011 spring bash - April 22-24 (4th and last full weekend of April)

2011 fall bash - Sept 23-25 (4th and last full weekend of Sept)

2012 spring bash - April 20-22 (3rd full weekend; 27-29 was the last full weekend)

2012 fall bash - Sept 21-23 (3rd full weekend; 28-30 was last full weekend)

2013 spring bash - April 19-21 (3rd full weekend; 26-28 is the last full weekend)

So, just this year (2012) is when the bashes suddenly went from being on the last full weekends of April and Sept, to the 3rd full weekends and some are wondering why. It was so much easier to just say "last full weekend of those months" and plan/book rooms...just sayin' :whistle:

Why's it just got to be a weekend?
Why not start on the next to last weekend and party all week long?
Everyone needs to take more time off so we can stay longer. Three days there for me was too short.
I'm used to three week vacations.

On the topic it doesn't matter to me. Fact is from my standpoint I'd like to have it on the first weekend so I can come back and still try to make a month out of sales.

Why's it just got to be a weekend?
Why not start on the next to last weekend and party all week long?
Everyone needs to take more time off so we can stay longer. Three days there for me was too short.
I'm used to three week vacations.

On the topic it doesn't matter to me. Fact is from my standpoint I'd like to have it on the first weekend so I can come back and still try to make a month out of sales.

In years past, many do make a week of it. It's just been "the last full weekend of April and Sept" for so many years, and that made it EASY for others to set reservations, make plans...not sure why we started bumping it to the 3rd full weekend, and I'm not the only one, so I figured I'd make a big frickin' deal about it Blanca :rofl: :p

Leave it to woman to complain.

When and where did it become April? This flatlander says its too cold up in them thar hills then.
My vote is last weekend May :)

Take a look at the Farmer's almanac and see what the weather chances are.

Leave it to woman to complain.

When and where did it become April? This flatlander says its too cold up in them thar hills then.
My vote is last weekend May :)

That was before my time sunshine...vman1300 (RIP) and zukracer started this long before I ever made the trek there... :rulez:

I remember one year it was on Easter Sunday, I think it may have changed from that point, and I think by org member and possible by vote, Dont Remember I think thats the reason for the change of weekends.

I remember one year it was on Easter Sunday, I think it may have changed from that point, and I think by org member and possible by vote, Dont Remember I think thats the reason for the change of weekends.

Turns out Easter weekend was still the last full weekend of April for that year...

Turns out Easter weekend was still the last full weekend of April for that year...

And that year there were 2 spring bashes. Some people booked for Easter weekend and others said move it to the weekend before. I think that was how it got changed actually.

But what do I know I am from the land of frozen, drunk brain cells.:beerchug:

Drinks up for the weekend!

from what i remember, there was a group of us (i'm not naming who else it was so if someone wants to be mad, they can just be mad at me) discussing the "Easter" issue last year at the Bash and trying to figure out if it was going to be a problem again this year...Easter turned out to be early in April but no one really had an opinion on which weekend they preferred the Bash to be on...i mentioned that i knew i was off the 3rd weekend and it was going to be impossible for me to get off for the 4th one and one of the people standing there said we would have it on the 3rd week then and posted it up...i believe that is how it came to be and i'm glad it did since i got to come hang out with a bunch of my friends in the Spring and am looking forward to seeing everyone again next year! :beerchug:

from what i remember, there was a group of us (i'm not naming who else it was so if someone wants to be mad, they can just be mad at me) discussing the "Easter" issue last year at the Bash and trying to figure out if it was going to be a problem again this year...Easter turned out to be early in April but no one really had an opinion on which weekend they preferred the Bash to be on...i mentioned that i knew i was off the 3rd weekend and it was going to be impossible for me to get off for the 4th one and one of the people standing there said we would have it on the 3rd week then and posted it up...i believe that is how it came to be and i'm glad it did since i got to come hang out with a bunch of my friends in the Spring and am looking forward to seeing everyone again next year! :beerchug:
So it's your fault ! :laugh:

Well then, that explains it! Now back to the important stuff!

:rulez:

254602d1349271261-2013-spring-bash-april-18-21-rain.jpg

Well, all I'm asking is that we come to a general agreement on a specific weeeknd in April and September so those of us that don't get to pick and choose due to kids' schedules can make plans. Omar and I have 5 kids between us, parenting times that vary across 2 states, spring and fall breaks that are never at the same times...it was nice when it seemed everyone knew these bashes were "the last full weekend of April or September", but that's changed just this year.

I don't care which one is chosen, but let's decide and keep it that way. I realize Grumpy was working around Anastasia's schedule and doing food for the masses, but the Diner is no more according to posts earlier this year, so I think it's safe to say we can choose a set weekend so others can plan accordingly around crazy scheduling we all have... :)

Back