Did a nice slide last night...

owens231

Registered
going about 40mph into a corner onto a strait with a set of traffic lights that turned red fast...

I tapped the front brake and went under the bike, i dont know but i think i slid about 40ft, as my mate who i was riding with said he was next to me at 30mph but the difference was i was on the ground...

Only thing wrong with the aprilia was it has bent the break pedal, but still rode it home, thanks to the new fairings on it saved everything...

its so icey here, and more snow coming!!

Not riding for a few days now, was wearing full suit, helmet, leathers, gloves but didnt have boots on, which would have saved my ankles abit...

Arghh! glad i wasnt riding a b-king or hayabusa, it would have been uncontrolable out there with that amount of power...

As i could spin the tires in 5th at 45mph, 6th was the only save gear!!

Glad you're okay!

Also, glad it wasn't a 'busa...:beerchug:

big problem with cold weather riding... lousy traction on forever cold tires..

I walked in my garage this morning. started goin back in and turned around for one last look at my baby, waved and turned the heater on. Glad you and the bike are ok. Also that it wasnt a busa.:whistle: High of 24 today.

hate to hear the bad news about your ride but i'm glad you are able to post up about it :beerchug:

Glad it wasn't any worse. Yeah the 600 pound bikes don't go down so easy.

hmmmmmmm, could not help help but think about your past posts! Anyway, hope all is well.

Last edited:
atgatt. dumped an r6 once in sandals. baaaaaaad idea. wear your gear, that's why you buy it.

thanks everyone, im taking pics of the bike tomorrow, im putting it on the front door, to remind me not to be a **** next time i ride...

I have wrecked the paint job, didnt think it was that bad last night, but looking at it now...

Not good...

:poke: stop riding on the ice:rulez: when its cold stay home or drive the car...we dont want to burie any more of our beloved friends....also...very glad your ok:thumbsup:

thanks everyone, im taking pics of the bike tomorrow, im putting it on the front door, to remind me not to be a **** next time i ride...

I have wrecked the paint job, didnt think it was that bad last night, but looking at it now...

Not good...

Get a pic of the busa and b-king next to it,would love to see that pic:rofl:

So, you can afford an Aprilia, B-King, and Busa, but can't afford a cheap digital camera or cell phone with a camera? It's all BS. No doubt in my mind. :rofl:

I bet his mum wont even let him go out at night,let a lone on icy roads.Im surprised everyone still takes him at his word,he's a BIG FAT LIAR:rofl:

Its hard for me to believe any thing he posts.

Man that sux! And to think you want to sell the Aprilla to buy some track days! :laugh:

Back