Frame sliders

Zoinks!

Registered
Are 6061 billet frame sliders ok? My lowering links are 7075, and was just wanting to make sure 6061 would be ok. I saw a horrible pic a while back of a busa that went down and the frame sliders bent really badly and didn't really do anything to save the bike. Don't know how fast he was goin, but if by some chance I dropped it at say. . .45mph, I don't want something like that happening.

I think that the sliders are for a low speed drop. If you drop your bike at 45mph your gonna have a lot of damage, anyslider will fold at that speed.....

I had a set of 6061 billet frame sliders on my bike and low-sided at about 30 MPH and here's the result:

Baby_J_Fairings_001.jpg

Last one. They did what they were supposed to and prevented any damage to the frame and limited the damage to the fairings. Still costly to repair, but survivable.

Baby_J_Fairings_004.jpg

Ok.  That's kinda what I was wondering.  I figured they were more for low speed drops, but I wanted to make sure that if they folded it they would still do a pretty good job of protecting the bike.  At least your fairings only have one small crack in them.  Mine are cracked in about 7 diff. places, broke one piece off the top of the RH lower, and busted out the RF turn signal.  Well heck, here's a pic if you didn't see the post a made a couple weeks ago.

Layedover003.jpg

What do you guys think about these? I'm kinda worried about the price and don't know if I should get something more expensive. If they really are what they say they are, I guess they should be ok, but what do y'all think?

Well, the slider on that side was bent back pretty far, but not broken and didn't even dent the plastic. Think they did a really good job and that a lot of the damage was caused when the bike slid off the road and into a small dropoff. Saw the pics of your bike and it hurt to see, bro.

Yea, it probably would have helped if I had added the hyperlink in my last post. Lol! Here it is. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLISHED-Frame-Sliders-GSX1300R-GSXR-1300-Hayabusa-Busa_W0QQitemZ280186237915QQihZ018QQcat
egoryZ10066QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">sliders</a>

The pics of those bikes are about as little damage as any I've seen! even from a 10 MPH drop. sliders help but after 20 mph all bets are off. Dupont Delrin will just slide. The alum may break the mounts. Worth the holes!
thumb_up.gif

Yea, it probably would have helped if I had added the hyperlink in my last post.  Lol!  Here it is.  <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLISHED-Frame-Sliders-GSX1300R-GSXR-1300-Hayabusa-Busa_W0QQitemZ280186237915QQihZ018QQcat

egoryZ10066QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">sliders</a>
Those are the exact same sliders I have on mine. I haven't been down, but they look good.

PC060002__Small_.JPG

Yea, it probably would have helped if I had added the hyperlink in my last post.  Lol!  Here it is.  <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLISHED-Frame-Sliders-GSX1300R-GSXR-1300-Hayabusa-Busa_W0QQitemZ280186237915QQihZ018QQcat

Those are the exact same sliders I have on mine.  I haven't been down, but they look good.

Oops. Sorry for the double post.
laugh.gif

PC060002__Small_.JPG

The pics of those bikes are about as little damage as any I've seen! even from a 10 MPH drop. sliders help but after 20 mph all bets are off. Dupont Delrin will just slide. The alum may break the mounts. Worth the holes!
thumb_up.gif
So if I understand what you're saying correctly, the delrin are better? I thought about the delrin, but wasn't thinking about the slide factor, and was more thinking about hardness. But I see where you're right. Sliding would be better, as long as they can handle the impact of the fall. Do you have any experience with them? Do you know if they can handle the fall?

PS. I was able to keep mine up till I got it off the rd and ended up in a drainage ravine 2 feet deep in leaves, so I'm sure that helped out A LOT in keeping the damage to a minimum. It still cost me $710 to replace the fairings and the signal. But props to vman1300 for havin the best price I could find, and hookin me up!!! Ordered em on Mon. Now I just gotta get the sliders and the HID kit. Oh, and by the way, it didn't have sliders on it before.

Those are the exact same sliders I have on mine.  I haven't been down, but they look good.
Sweet! I want something either white or silver so they'll look better on the bike.

Just an note about toughness, you can see how far back mine bent and did not break. The bolt was in tact as was the complete slider. I had to cut through the slider in order to get it off. That sucker was on there!

Just an note about toughness, you can see how far back mine bent and did not break.  The bolt was in tact as was the complete slider.  I had to cut through the slider in order to get it off.  That sucker was on there!
Did it mess up the engine mount hole that it was threaded into?

Just an note about toughness, you can see how far back mine bent and did not break.  The bolt was in tact as was the complete slider.  I had to cut through the slider in order to get it off.  That sucker was on there!
Did it mess up the engine mount hole that it was threaded into?
Not at all. I thought it might, but I tried a screw for the new set of sliders and it went in perfectly. Thought it was okay when I backed the damaged screw out, but didn't want to get excited.

Back