Frame sliders

Does anyone know the Dia of the slider bolt( threads) and what is the hardness ? I am planing on making some and want the corret bolt.Thanks

The pic above showes billet sliders can work but I am from the camp that believes in delrin. But billet ones sure look trick

A frame slider needs to absorb impact so as little energy as possible is transmitted to the frame. It also needs to slide smoothly to keep the bike from "digging in"￾ and flipping. Aluminum doesn't absorb much impact, and can dig into the pavement. An all
aluminum slider bolted to an aluminum frame can have disasterous results.

In many cases, an aluminum slider will absorb some impact and then bend into the frame and crack it.

Thanks man, I'm working a new slider design (Looks cool as S***)! but I really need to factor in the safety of the bike factor. Later ME

The 7000 series aluminum probably would have cracked and broke off. It is a stronger alloy but does not flex and can snap. I was suprised to see the pictures of the 6061 slider bend that much! I don't believe any slider will prevent damage at higher speeds though.
Glad to know nobody was hurt!
Shawn

The 7000 series aluminum probably would have cracked and broke off. It is a stronger alloy but does not flex and can snap. I was suprised to see the pictures of the 6061 slider bend that much! I don't believe any slider will prevent damage at higher speeds though.
Glad to know nobody was hurt!
Shawn
The slider didn't actually bend it was the bolt holding it on that bent like that.

Hmmm, I'm still undecided. Leaning more towards the delrin now, though. . . White ones would be nice, so they'd blend in with the bike.

I have aluminum on the Busa & installed it so that if it fell in the garage I would be protected. I know at higher speeds Delrin is the best. I have gone down on the track w/ delrin and you just slide away.

I think I've decided to go with the delrin type slider. After reading some comments on here I think they'll do a better job at protecting the frame from damage. If anyone has any reasons they think this is a bad idea, please chime in!

Anybody have a Freestyle Ingenuity Crash Cage on there bike.
I saw a picture sorry image is small
Jon (Loomis)

busacage.jpg

Jon (Loomis)
I've seen them used on smaller stunt bikes, but I've never seen one on a busa. I'd have to see a bigger, full side view, pic or see one in person to decide if I think they look like crap or not. Lol.

Jon (Loomis)
I've seen them used on smaller stunt bikes, but I've never seen one on a busa.  I'd have to see a bigger, full side view, pic or see one in person to decide if I think they look like crap or not.  Lol.
No, yes they look like crap.

It looks so bad I posted twice

Hahaha!!! Yea, I kinda figured they'd look like crap on the busa. They don't look horrible on stunt bikes just cause they have so much other crap done to em with plastic removed, or other protective stuff on the bike, but a busa. . . Not so much.

Rockadaous has a different set on his wifes bike.. Didnt look too bad and saved the bike big time in a fall...I'd ask what type they are before buying anything. Sure wouldnt hurt to ask...

Back