Dead Busa

I bought my Hayabusa gauge for $300 from USA. So, I don't think it is a big leap to assume that you may have had your speedo replaced on an 02 with 2000 miles on it.

Having said that, I think you'll be ok. I've seen engine blocks sold on ebay. You can do ok and fix it up.

I know a great ebayer who sold me a 2005 frame (excellent condition) for $400. He used to carry 2005 - 2006 parts galore for everything Hayabusa. He was great! I bought the frame from him after my crash last year. I bought the speedo from someone else. If you need me to contact the frame guy, I'll be happy to do so.

All the best.

Exactly why I refused to buy a used Busa, unless from an entrusted source...from someone here for example.

You just never know...and motorcycle engines are more fickle/high performance/less room for error than cars IMO.

Drop the motor, take it apart and look at it is the only way to see what's damaged. Could be time for an upgrade....
PM sent on motor sources.

Forget about your rotating assembly... It is toast.
You will have spun a rod bearing and burned the journal on the crank. That would have lead to the fragmented rod. With a hole like that you are guaranteed to have smoked your crank and maybe burned a couple rods. Sure, it is the end of the season so you could piece together a complete package through ebay. I got a complete rotating assembly a few weeks ago for less than $450.

Having said all of the above. You could send off your crank to APE raceparts and have them offset grind it for a stroke or repair the journals. Do not just toss it because you will be able to use it as a core. There are always engine housing/block components on ebay and you ought to find them easily.

Crash
Not that it means anything at this point. But by the looks of the head bolts from your pics someone has been in that motor before. I know that Suzuki factory head bolts dont look like a wrench has slipped off of them. Like I said not that it does much now... I am realy soory to hear about your loss. Hope you get it back soon and the best of luck to you.

Hey i think you got a turned back odometer bike there and the bolts in your pic looks like they have been touched to me! That would account for the oil leaks, oil burning you have been having!!! With good oil and enough of it the eng don't care if its a 99 or an 07 with the low miles it had! No noise and running smooth B 4 it went??? You know in the first days of tripples and four cyl engines the crank would snap. CBX 6 cyl is good 4 that! The prob was ign, and sync of carbs, and now TB,s.. JM .02

Falicon can work magic on old cranks though a block might be a bit more of problem. You could part your motor and sell it to help finance a new motor too!

I have a morbid curiosity to see the internals of that thing. Rods and such dont just let go for no reason.

My sympathies!

I got about 8 busa motors here lmk what i can do to help you.I can ship to pittsburgh,pa for less than $250...

503-381-8187

SHOCKED.gif

Yep, I thought the exact same thing some of you guys are saying when I saw the wrench marks on various bolts. I'm really curious to get this thing apart now and I'll be sure to post up lots of photos of the process and the aftermath for everyone to see.

Projket - I was thinking along those lines as well. I know APE does some magic on GSXR cranks. So I definitely won't be just pitching parts because I'm sure I can part some of it out and some of it should still be good for cores.

Brendanp - eh...traffic was starting to get in my way so I backed off and just didn't bother to downshift. The only reason I even mentioned that was to illustrate that it wasn't spinning to 13 grand when it blew, just kind of chugging along. I'm just thankful it didn't happen about three minutes before when I was up well above 150.
SHOCKED.gif

8Daytona8 - Ran like a champ as usual all day. I put probably close to 200 miles on before this happened and it didn't miss a beat. (Well, apart from the oil leak of course, but you already knew about that).

GC - I'm going to pm you when I get a chance and when I know a little more about what I want. Is that phone number in your sig a good way to get a hold of you? If I can't do this face to face I'd at least like to talk to someone over the phone. If not, could you pm me a number where you can be reached to discuss such things? Thanks, you guys are life savers.

Speaking of that...any of you experts know if there were wiring harness changes (or other differences) from 02 until now? It seems like I'm seeing a lot of '05 motors for sale, is that a direct swap? Should I change out everything (ecu/harness/etc/blah blah blahddy blah) or leave all that in there and just plug the new powerplant into it?

(Ronnies busa @ Oct. 31 2006,09:04) Crash
Not that it means anything at this point. But by the looks of the head bolts from your pics someone has been in that motor before. I know that Suzuki factory head bolts dont look like a wrench has slipped off of them. Like I said not that it does much now... I am realy soory to hear about your loss. Hope you get it back soon and the best of luck to you.
Those are the oil pan bolts
wink.gif
but you're right someone has been in that motor.

talk with golden child , he will be able to awnser all your questions , great person to deal with !
beerchug.gif

If you call during the day call the number in the signature.anytime after 7pm call 503-381-8187

(johnstein @ Oct. 31 2006,17:09) talk with golden child , he will be able to awnser all your questions , great person to deal with !  
beerchug.gif
Your good people too...
super.gif

+1 on GC he is a great person to deal with.

The harness should be the same on the 02 & 05.

I have a whole box of moral support if you need it.
beerchug.gif

Back