Yamaha Banshee Quad

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I used to have a 90 hp sand draggin Banshee, this one is a whole nuther level!

The giant sand dune depicted is where I used to race....Glamis dune complex @ Oldsmobile hill, 800 feet of sand as steep as you can pile it! fun stuff Doyle

Attachments

• fyIB9urgy8Q.zip
    227 bytes · Views: 190
That's awesome! What's even more impressive is just how fast the 2 strokes(whatever cc they're punched out to)racing him are.
My friend's putting his 420 something cc stroker Banshee back together now, waiting on carbs. I can't wait to ride it!!!

Can't see attachment on my phone. I had an 85 Rz350 that had the same motor in it as a Banshee I believe. Beat Interceptor 500s and a few others with it.

Can't see attachment on my phone. I had an 85 Rz350 that had the same motor in it as a Banshee I believe. Beat Interceptor 500s and a few others with it.

You're right, the 350 2 stroke water cooler is an amazing engine. BTW, watch this when you get to a computer.
I do believe that the big boy 2 stroke that runs almost even with the monster Busa in this video is not an RZ, it is a Kawasaki H2 750cc triple(there is probably a third expansion chamber on the other side of the motor not visible in the film. There is a guy in New York that does miracles with that big 2 stroke (Fast by Gast, I believe).

You're right, the 350 2 stroke water cooler is an amazing engine. BTW, watch this when you get to a computer.
I do believe that the big boy 2 stroke that runs almost even with the monster Busa in this video is not an RZ, it is a Kawasaki H2 750cc triple(there is probably a third expansion chamber on the other side of the motor not visible in the film. There is a guy in New York that does miracles with that big 2 stroke (Fast by Gast, I believe).

My older brother had friends who had Rd400s and the Kh two strokes. Those bikes were scary out of control fast.

Yeah bots I see it now. KaaaaRaaazy man!

We got a place here in STL that build those. They have one that does the 300 foot sand drag in 2.60 seconds at 114 mph. Freakkin awesome!!

I have always admired the enginuity and creativity that goes into those builds. Takes a lot of dedication and money to put something like that together. Here's one a friend of mine put together from scratch, no plans were used he just started cutting and welding tube steel and proclaimed "I'm building a sand rail". After reworking suspension & engine he's got it pretty much dialed in, sportin a GSXR 1000 w/NOS this little sand rail is ridiculously fast.

595.jpg

599.jpg

I used to have a 450 hp turbo Toyota sandrail, so much fun and the sand is like a big mattress! My income went up when I sold it though.....I was always breaking it! I had a blow up doll (with her mouth opened up wide) that I secured in the passanger seat with 5 point harnesses when I raced....drew many laughs!

I wasn't able to accept being the same as everyone else so I bought a rolling chasis Banshee and stuffed a CBR600RR motor in it. Much faster now!!! But still got nothing on some of those 10mill stroker motors! Those have 120hp also...stupid fast. Atleast mine sounds awesome!

I used to have a 450 hp turbo Toyota sandrail, so much fun and the sand is like a big mattress! My income went up when I sold it though.....I was always breaking it! I had a blow up doll (with her mouth opened up wide) that I secured in the passanger seat with 5 point harnesses when I raced....drew many laughs!

Ya as the years creep up on me the thought of landing on sand as opposed to hard ground is so much more appealing. Kinda scares the crap out of me to ride my CR 250R so lately I've opted for four wheels in the sand (TRX 450R), lotta fun too.

592.jpg

Thats is awesome.Turbo busa banshee:thumbsup:I was watching the 1 liter race boats this weekend and they have 2000HP 2 stroke engines.:bowdown:

Back