Pulled over. Scared the crap outta me!

Mr Droo

Registered
I went riding for a while today, something like 300 miles. Not bad, not my best by a lot. I'm over in the Sandusky area in Erie County. I'm on route 60 on a 55 mph road. I'm coming over a nice hill on a long straightaway. At the top of the hill, I see a 5-0 chillin' at the bottom of the hill. I look at my GPS and I see I'm doing a few over the posted speed limit. I let off the throttle and "coast" past the officer. As soon as I pass him, I see the red and blue lights.

I'm not really worried, as I wasn't doing anything crazy or fast. I'm actually wondering why this bloke is pulling me over.

I stop and get the bike turned off. I get my gloves and helmet off too. The officer comes up to me and says, "nice day, isn't it?" Me, "yup." License and proof of insurance please. I get my wallet out and get my license and ins. out. He notices my work badge in my wallet. Immediately he says, "nope, I'm not giving you a ticket." "I'm not even going to tell you to slow down." "I pulled you over because I wanted to see your bike."

What?!

He says he rides as well, and one of his buddies has a Hayabusa too. "I know that thing doesn't like to go slow, does it?" At this point, I'm not going to incriminate myself and say, something like, "this thing will do more than triple the speed limit on this road."

We chat about bikes and I ask him about the roads nearby that he thinks are fun to ride. He gives me directions to a great road not 5 miles from where we're at. He asks about the mods I've done to my bike and all that jazz. We shake hands and he says, "I wanna hear those pipes scream."

I oblige as I ride off. What a great Labor Day Weekend so far!

I have a local deputy up north of my place that's like that. He rides a sportbike too. Last time we met up he was working. He was checking out our bikes while we paid for fuel and a snack. He was even nice enough to tell us a few roads to go plunder. He hopped on his radio to let his work buddies know not to pester us, and that he has already checked out our endorsements and bikes. We played on those roads for a few hours and didn't see one county or state car the entire time.

It pays to be respectable to them. It's the few bad apples that ruin it for the good guys.

Sounds like a good day to me. Any day we don't get a ticket on a ride is a good day.

I have a local deputy up north of my place that's like that. He rides a sportbike too. Last time we met up he was working. He was checking out our bikes while we paid for fuel and a snack. He was even nice enough to tell us a few roads to go plunder. He hopped on his radio to let his work buddies know not to pester us, and that he has already checked out our endorsements and bikes. We played on those roads for a few hours and didn't see one county or state car the entire time.

It pays to be respectable to them. It's the few bad apples that ruin it for the good guys.

Nice! It does pay to treat them with respect!!!

Well you can't be that w/ a stick! Very nice of him to take 10 minutes out of your day to have "a chat" :laugh:

Hope I can get that lucky the 1st time if & when I get pulled over.:please:

Wow...it must be catching!!
Went through a sobriety checkpoint just yesterday...must of been 10-12 troopers and Deputys lined on both sides of the road...I pull up for my turn and expect a rough and ready interagation...but the first thing the trooper says.."wo! nice bike"...I say thanks...he says "you been drinking tonight".....I reply no...he says "this a 99" I say Wo! How'd you know that? He says " because I got a 2000 sitting at home! He says have a nice day and waves me on....I still have to pass by 5 more LEO's and 2 more say..."great ride!"
and "Wow, nice bike!"

Now that was pretty cool!

i go to all the bike functions and make sure to say hi to every officer I can, then they dont need to stop me to see the bike and if they already know me they may just say slow down next time they see me and not actually pull me over....

I tend to be a little biased as my brother is a police officer but on that note they are for the most part just normal people just like you and me.....you just have to remember that they spend a good part of their working day dealing with the lowlifes and scumbags of society and they have good days and bad days too.

Back