Damn gravel...

Nah, instead of ply-wood go to a carpet remanant place and buy a nice big piece of good carpet. OR Maybe apply th ecarpet to the plywood, just be sure to use a low enough nap that it wont interfere with the front and rear stands... and uh avoid the purple shag...

Nah, instead of ply-wood go to a carpet remanant place and buy a nice big piece of good carpet. OR Maybe apply th ecarpet to the plywood, just be sure to use a low enough nap that it wont interfere with the front and rear stands...  and uh avoid the purple shag...
Plywood & carpet...toys for Great Danes! I'd come home to some toothpicks and shag in the yard!

Thanks for the suggestions guys...but anything in my yard becomes property of the Danes! One of my Danes kept thinking my car was her bed when it had a car cover on it! A cool 150 lbs on the top of the car!

Getting the Busa lowered on Saturday, so hopefully gravel won't be as much of an issue...I'll let everyone know...

Nah, instead of ply-wood go to a carpet remanant place and buy a nice big piece of good carpet. OR Maybe apply th ecarpet to the plywood, just be sure to use a low enough nap that it wont interfere with the front and rear stands...  and uh avoid the purple shag...
Ummm, Rev, I was referrin' to my garage. A dude's garage. You ain't gonna recommend drapes to match the carpet next are ya, broh? :laugh:

I know you were talking in the garage...so was I. :D I dont recommend drapes though, I think some quality Venetion Blinds would be more suitable.

What I meant was some real thin indoor outdoor low pile office style carpet. Have a buddy down here who has his Harley Parked on a big ole' grey piece of carpet. When he's out there cleaning or doing maintainance it just makes life a bit easier. More comfortable anyway. Besides, if you slip and drop your bike on it's side, carpet is a fairly forgiving surface...AND when you drop small parts they do not rocket across the garage and tuck themselves under the Bar Fridge. So :tounge:

Hi Vabusa,
It's Julia.
I haven't had the change to welcome you to the board....welcome...welcome:)
anyways...I hate gravel. I dropped my busa twice on gravel. In fact, Bog..my boyfriend brought me a new set of body work for my busa..it's in the shop right now getting a custom mauve paint job. So girl...gravel sucks big time:D

Hi Vabusa,
It's Julia.
I haven't had the change to welcome you to the board....welcome...welcome:)
anyways...I hate gravel. I dropped my busa twice on gravel. In fact, Bog..my boyfriend brought me a new set of body work for my busa..it's in the shop right now getting a custom mauve paint job. So girl...gravel sucks big time:D
Yeah Julia, I'm finding that gravel does suck...I'm having my Busa lowered some this weekend, so hopefully it won't happen again...

Did you drop yours recently? I thought you already had custom paint on your Busa? Sorry it's been messed up...hope you get it 100% soon!

Be sure to post pics when you get him back! :D

Ummm, Rev, I was referrin' to my garage. A dude's garage. You ain't gonna recommend drapes to match the carpet next are ya, broh?  :laugh:
Hey Bullet check this out...The answer to the Garage...

Floor Panels...

sorry to hear this. It always sucks to read about a fellow brotha (or sista) who drops their ride. Glad to hear your pinky will be okay. I have never liked gravel on two wheels, it feels wrong to me.

My biggest problem with the Busa is on gravel...I live down a gravel road, driveway is gravel (welcome to the country)...

I keep parking the Busa in odd spots where I can't pull forward when I move it, leaving me to try and back the beast up with my feet. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't...I really only have problems when the back tire gets in a "rut" and I have to try and "rock" the bike back and forth to free it.

This morning was nice...I took the kids to daycare, then headed back home to get the Busa out. I was in such a hurry to get to work, so I did exactly what I shouldn't by pulling right up to our boat, making it harder for me to back up. I washed the bike off and hopped on.

It's then that I realized I was essentially stuck, and in the middle of trying to back Caesar up, I slipped up and in a very slow motion sort of move, laid the bike right over on it's clutch side. I worked so hard to keep him up, and in the process forgot to move my hand out of the way...crushed my little finger...

I'm fine, except for the throbbing in my finger...I'm going to lose the nail, but my pride is hurt more than anything
sad.gif

Caesar has little scratches here and there from the gravel, and the Kanji symbol on the side is marred...I'm really ticked at myself for not being more careful, but I dumped the Harley in the same damn way! Guess I'm destined to drop every bike I own in the gravel at least once...sort of a right of passage?!

I was going to go ahead and ride the Busa in to work, but the oil light came on and blue smoke billowed out of the exhaust for a few seconds; when I checked the oil indicator, there must be oil elsewhere in the engine from being laid on it's side for a few minutes...I put him away and drove on it to work...

Don't laugh at me guys...I'm embarrassed enough as it is...and my new bike needs to be fixed already...

If this is any indication of how my entire day will be, I'm going to bed...
down.gif
Now, I must go work...

How hard is it to have the decal replaced? That's about the only part that needs to be replaced I think...

And I'm lowering the Busa for sure, so I don't do this again!

This may be an OLD POST, but I just dropped my nearly 3 year old Busa the same damned way. Almost years and we were PERFECT. As I arrive to work well before sunrise some days, I didn't see that I'd put my foot down in a patch of gravel that had loosened from the blacktop parking lot. Foot immediatley slid out from under me as I tried backing the Busa into the parking spot. With no leverage/traction, and hand more inclined to pull the brake than bump the throttle, she went down immediately.

Most buffed out today. Right exhaust is permanently marred. Footpeg must be replaced. Mirror is scuffed but will be covered.

I hate plastic...

Ahh what a nice way to harrass Michelle!

A walk down Memory lane!

That sucks and sorry to hear it!

I dropped my Harley Davidson Street Glide on a dirt, really sand, road in Florida. I was going to show off the bike, the bike was 2 days old, to a friend who lived in the middle of no where. I turn onto his road and was doing fine but the further I went the more loose/piled up sand there was. I come up to his drive way and start to turn in and my front tire just slides right out from under me. Except it was in really slow motion and dream like. I could do nothing to stop it.

Luckily I was almost to a complete stop when I tipped over and because the HD had engine guards and all that other crap nothing got damaged other than my pride. I learned a lot about driving in that sugar sand and overall it made me a better rider.

Hope your finger heals fast.

Oh crap, I feared the worse when I read the thread title. Glad it wasnt worse. How is your finger?

You guys need to learn to ride in the dirt and gravel!
Here's some old pics for an even older thread.
Dirt roads and 4wheeler/atv trails make the best shortcuts/hideouts:laugh:

SDC10424.jpg

SDC10425.jpg

SDC10412.jpg

SDC10426.jpg

No biggy. Kanji isn't hard to replace if its an oem one call justin for an exact match. Get some turtle wax polishing compound to buff the scratches out and ceasar will love the body massage as you buff the scratches out.

Hope the lil piggy pinky heals quickly.

Back