Cruise control HELP!!

Dart451

Registered
I just got done attempting to hook up the cruise control (ccs-100) and can not get it to work.
Can someone tell me if the red led flashes when it is turned on?
I saw a couple different write up that showed dip switch settings being different.
I got it wired to coil with dip switch settings 1,4,7 on with the rest off.
Wired the purple to rear brake light ,
blue to coil, did not cut wire, 19.5 ohms resistance is what it checks out as.
Red, and black to battery.
didn't use grey.
Switch panel (fused wire), and led power wired to brake light feed (key on 12 volts).
Color matched yellow, brown, green between control box and switch panel.
Control box lights up and powers brown when turned on, and gives positive feed to green and yellow when buttons are pushed.
Led goes red when buttons are pushed, and brake light goes on. it has factory tail light.

Any ideas?
rock.gif

Did you go through the write up on install I did on this board?

It's been a long time since I did it and don't remember.

Thats the one I followed. Did you run relay to tail lights?
Does your led keep flashing after it has been armed?

Electronic cruise on a bike is a scary thought for me. Did you consider a throttlemeister?

(Dart451 @ Feb. 23 2007,10:38) Thats the one I followed. Did you run relay to tail lights?
Does your led keep flashing after it has been armed?
Can't remember for sure, it's been a while since I done it.
I know that I did not run a relay.
Don't know for sure on the led.
I don't know if Ty or Dennis is still running it or not, I'm sure one will step in this thread shortly.

(BlueHaya @ Feb. 23 2007,09:46) Electronic cruise on a bike is a scary thought for me.  Did you consider a throttlemeister?
looking at your avator pic, that is a scary thought  
tounge.gif

Pipefighter248 do you still have stock tail lights?

(Dart451 @ Feb. 24 2007,15:56)
(BlueHaya @ Feb. 23 2007,09:46) Electronic cruise on a bike is a scary thought for me. Did you consider a throttlemeister?
looking at your avator pic, that is a scary thought
tounge.gif

Pipefighter248 do you still have stock tail lights?
I no longer have the cruise control or the bike for that matter, if I did I could help you more.
When I used it on my old bike I had the top gun undertail with LED's.
So no on the stock tail light.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but I chose to use the Rostra cruise systems and not the Audiovox simply because the Rostra systems are OEM for Toyota.

I've had my cruise on my bike for 20K miles with NOT ONE issue related to the cruise.  

Throttlemeister is a joke cause it only works if you are on a level surface...  it will cause you to lose speed uphill and race downhill.  Certainly not what I wanted.  I wanted to set the speed, and leave it there, or have it cancel immediately if I tap the brake or the engine races away such as with the clutch being pulled.

For only $250, why not install it?  Its been the single most used mod I have done to my bike.  I can certainly say that 700+ mile per day rides would not have been possible otherwise.

CC_Switch001.jpg

CC_cable.jpg

CC_module.jpg

(Tango1300 @ Feb. 25 2007,08:07) Sorry I cannot be of more help but I chose to use the Rostra cruise systems and not the Audiovox simply because the Rostra systems are OEM for Toyota.

I've had my cruise on my bike for 20K miles with NOT ONE issue related to the cruise.

Throttlemeister is a joke cause it only works if you are on a level surface... it will cause you to lose speed uphill and race downhill. Certainly not what I wanted. I wanted to set the speed, and leave it there, or have it cancel immediately if I tap the brake or the engine races away such as with the clutch being pulled.

For only $250, why not install it? Its been the single most used mod I have done to my bike. I can certainly say that 700+ mile per day rides would not have been possible otherwise.

CC_Switch001.jpg

CC_cable.jpg

CC_module.jpg
Where did you buy the Rostra? Got a link?

(Tango1300 @ Feb. 25 2007,10:07) Throttlemeister is a joke cause it only works if you are on a level surface...  it will cause you to lose speed uphill and race downhill.  
I'll take my "joke" anyday... if i wanted full on cruise control i'd be driving my car...

Got it working. The full time power wire was not making contact , and the 12 volt arming wire was enough to power led.
Looking forward to cruise control, had the poor man choke cruise, and it sucked always having to adjust it on hills, and in and out of draft on interstate.

Back