Help with Rostra Cruise Control! Captain, TwoTonevert, Sous, Anyone!

I only use mine out on the hwy/fwy where I'm doing 100+kmh, or about 60mph in old money. Can't see the point in using it at city speeds.

A c10 mentioned, slack in the cable is bad. Also the ratio of the length of the extension on the throttle pulley vs cable pull.
And as fallenarch mentions, the dip switch settings need fine tuning per bike. I prefer a gradual resume vs aggressive

I only use mine out on the hwy/fwy where I'm doing 100+kmh, or about 60mph in old money. Can't see the point in using it at city speeds.

A c10 mentioned, slack in the cable is bad. Also the ratio of the length of the extension on the throttle pulley vs cable pull.
And as fallenarch mentions, the dip switch settings need fine tuning per bike. I prefer a gradual resume vs aggressive
I was taking it for a quick test run to see if it would actually engage. At first I thought it wasn’t working because I tried setting it, but the engaged light came on and then went off. I then sped up a little and tried again, this time the light stayed on, but the speed dropped a little before I felt the cruise control kick in. I was just really glad it worked!!

I was taking it for a quick test run to see if it would actually engage. At first I thought it wasn’t working because I tried setting it, but the engaged light came on and then went off. I then sped up a little and tried again, this time the light stayed on, but the speed dropped a little before I felt the cruise control kick in. I was just really glad it worked!!
Top effort. And so happy you found the problem. I was rattling my brain thinking of any possible issue..
Now it's just fine tuning..
Minimal cable slack, and switch settings to what you feel suits you.

Just an FYI: In the tutorial for the Rostra installation, it states to connect the brown wire coming from the servo, to the brake light. The white wire with the black tracer. But this wire only sees 12V when the brake is applied; the brown wire needs to be connected to a constant 12V source. This was the reason I was having so much trouble. The tutorial also said to verify the wire; but that, I didn’t do!!

Back