Cruise Control

RedBusarider

Registered
Hi Everyone. I'm installing a Rostra Cruise Control unit.
I've seen the loop cable attached to both the throttle pulling cable and to the throttle pushing cable. I know it depends on where you mount the control box. I'm looking for advice on the best location to mount the control box and which throttle cable to use. Please tell me why you think one location is better then another. Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Welcome othe Org, look around, you will find many udefull tidbits of info, Search is your friend I would suggest you start there...cardinal rule of the Org, pics please...again,
welcome.gif
pics or
corner2.png

Thanks for your input. I have searched quite a bit.
What I'm looking for is some people who have installed this unit and can tell me what they think is the best route to go.
I know that there are many ways it could be installed. I'm looking for advice on the BEST way/place to install it. I only want to do this once and any help I can get before I undertake this project will be most appreciated! Thanks!
P.S. I plan on taking lots of pictures of the install so that I can post them and help someone else out in the future.

I have the AudioVox CC on mine, and the units are different. But I brought the cable around to the front and clamped it to the throttle cable. So I guess you'd consider that connected to the throttle pulling cable. Benn running with it like that for 2 years no problems.

I'm sure one of the Rostra guys will chime in here too.

Stolen from another board.  This is a custom setup but maybe it will give you some idea's.

CC_Switch001.jpg

The cable is weighted so that upon full throttle application it drops out of the way.

CC_cable.jpg

CC_cable001.jpg

Here is a photo of the module mounted.

CC_module.jpg
[/Quote]

Wow, great pics on both setups! Was looking at this as a possibility, and that cleared up my questions before they were asked. Thanks to both of you!

Back