stirring the pot RE : cruise control

garage monster

Registered
Just a little info for those considering the Rostra or Audiovox cruise control.

I had successfully used the Audiovox vacume cruise on another bike. For my 2005 Busa I tried the Rostra electronic unit. I read everything I could find on the forum and could never get it to work correctly. It would not always engage. When it did it surged and would dosconnect by itself. It also made my speedometer jump around. I tried averything and finally gave up.

I bought the Audiovox CCS-100 which uses vacume. I hooked it up and mounted the servo inside the tailpice on the right side where the charcoal cannister had been. It was much simpler to install, works great and I love it.

You can find these units, unused on ebay.

I had the exact same experience with the Rostra so I installed the CCS-100 and it's worked great. They are hard to find though.

Hi so I bought one of these and was installing it today. While deciding if I should give up I read this and gave up :p one note if you throw a diode between the pink wire and the vss input you'll still deliver the pulses to the rostra but not the echo's that freak out the busa's speedo.. The problem I am having is that it engages and then promptly disengages kinda like you described.. If anyone has any input I am very interested..

I had mine hooked up for 6 months (the electronic version that is) and everytime I read another suggestion I removed the tail piece (mine was just ahead of the tail light) made changes and tried again. I finally said to heck with it and bought one off of Craigs list. I see them on ebay also.

My vacum model woked perfectly the first time.

I didn't think this was going to be a big deal at all.. Sean has one on his bike I think it's the electronic not vacuum and he didn't complain wonder if he has any input.. I think I'll just write up a little program for my android and rig up a bluetooth servo and poof "there's an app for that" :p wonder if someone at google would want to fund it :D

Back