Crashed d@mnit

Glad u are ok, i hope you got her license plate? She can't just leave a scene of an accident can she? :mad:

Glad u are ok, i hope you got her license plate?  She can't just leave a scene of an accident can she? :mad:
Actually I believe she can, legally even. It sucks but had he struck her car, chances are they would have cited maoz anyway. So as screwed up as it is, she is probably well within her rights just to keep on moving. maoz could have been bleeding out the ears and she prolly would have left anyway, though it's hard to say.. :mad:

Followings distances are pretty important...especially if you see all that white hair...try it in Florida for a little while...you'll see what I mean. Problem is the white haired oldsters vote in record numbers...Us younger generations tend not to have a very good turn out. So laws regarding mandatory re-testing, and annual eye/skill exams never pass. Sucks

Maoz, just glad your not hurt too bad...bike looks sad :sad: but certainly not too bad... :thumbsup:

That sucks, but find solace in the fact that you are ok, and in reality your bike is not that damaged. It always looks worse to you than to someone who did not watch it slide into the ditch. I know, been there. Good luck in getting her back in shape quickly.

And damn I really need to order those frame sliders (and swingarm sliders, maybe even bar-end sliders - geez am I paranoid?).

It's a shame that somehow those warning stickers did not get damaged in the accident and would have to be removed (just kidding!).

Glad to hear you are ok. Bike will survive also.
Rear-enders can be bad news :sad:

Knew of a guy, on another board, down in LA who was not able to stop in time when the traffic in front of him stopped, he did not survive the accident.

Be careful out there like Rev. says following distances are very important and can save your life.

Ride safe  

Uh oh - looks like there is a bigger problem than just a comestic one :sad: I road it back to my house and noticed that the handlebars are not aligned. In other words, when I have the handlebars completely horizontal, the front wheel actually points left about an inch. Other than that the bike rides perfectly. Any thoughts on what kind of problem I am looking at here?

Thanks again for all your very appreciated words of support!

your fork tubes prolly turned in the clamps a little bit, should be able to straighten em out, the forks are pretty hard to bend. oh yeah and if you're looking for stock parts try Ronayers.com

Thanks Zorander - that was my hypothesis as well, I'm hoping it is right! The forks do not appear to be bent at all. I have used Ronayers before with great luck, thanks for the tip!

Also try insppecting your handle bars. I notice the right bar end was scraped. The bars are solid aluminum and can be bent. My Busa came with prebent bars. After checking the fork alignment, sight down the bars from the top and end, also turn the bars to full lock both ways and see if the clearance between the tank and bar ends is the same.

Good luck, hop you feel better soon.

Glad to hear that you are ok. You just gotta love the way some people drive.

Hey man, sorry about what happened.  I just finally got my bike back together after a similar accident, except my damage was primarily on the left side.  One thing about the Busa; you can very easily overload your front suspension braking because of the extra weight.  Especially if you originally road a smaller bike -- it can take you off guard.  I know it did me.

Make sure you give your front fairing bracket a good inspection.  Mine looked o.k. until I went to put everything back together.  Turned out my bracket got small cracks in it and was warped a little.  I decided to replace the whole thing instead of chancing any future problems.

:sad: Glad your ok,very glad you wore a helmet.Like others have said your bike can be fixed,all the best.

Glad you're ok and you were wearing the gear. It's a kind of wake up to the rest of us to get and wear the proper gear.
Looking at the busa brings tears to my eyes though. Have to remember it can all be fixed.
:sad:

Gosh, have I ever been awakened thanks to this board, read posts each and every day and too many wrecks happening out there. I am so sorry to hear about this one maoz, and wish you a speedy recovery and rebuild of the mighty 'Busa.

No one has answered Cloud 9's query yet, re: frame sliders protection limitations, I am in the process of making some now for all that are in my riding group, I preach to all of them each time I see them about protective gear needs, and now have everyone convinced to get leathers and frame sliders.

My prayers are constant for all on this board to STOP the accidents !! At least no one has been killed yet, and let us ALL pray that that won't happen.

Peace to all out there !

:sad:

Actually I believe she can, legally even.  It sucks but had he struck her car, chances are they would have cited maoz anyway.  So as screwed up as it is, she is probably well within her rights just to keep on moving.  maoz could have been bleeding out the ears and she prolly would have left anyway, though it's hard to say..   :mad:
That sucks. One would think that you are obligated to stay at the scene of an accident if you were a witness or involved in it in some way. :super:

Just glad you are ok, maoz!

Yeah, but technically she wasn't "involved". Her vehicle wasn't struck by the bike and by accident investigation standards she did nothing wrong. The fault would fall on maoz for either following too closely or too fast for conditions.

As for being a witness, good ones are usually appreciated but there's nothing I know of that says they have to stick around if they weren't invloved in the collision.

As bad as I hate it for maoz, sounds like he was in fact either too close, or rollin' too hot to safely avoid what happened. Not sayin' I never do the same thing and not passin' judgement, just throwin' out my $.02 in reference to the comments about her "leaving the scene"... ;)

Bullet and Revlis are right. If he hit her, he'd get the ticket in Illinois for following too close. As busa riders we must really be aware of this because the bike is so fast and so responsive you "catch up" to other vehicles really really fast. Happens to me all the time...but am now making a great effort to just stay as far away as possible. I give all lots and lots of space.

Back