Almost bought it today...

FastBusa

Donating Member
Registered
On the way home from work today, the truck in front of me made a hard left turn across the oncoming traffic. I was four or so car lengths behind him. Anyway I say to my self it’s going to be close (to the car he cut off). The car hits his breaks and goes off the road and hits the ditch. But then he comings flying out of the ditch straight at me!!!!!!!!! I made a quick decision to down shift and give it all the gas I can. This was the right decision. I left him way behind me and into the next ditch on my side of the road. He made it through the ditch and stopped. So two of us got to go home and clean up our pants, but too bad the truck that started the whole thing went home Scott free. But I am very glad to be here telling you this story. Be careful out there.

Thank your lucky BUSA god for saving you
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear your good to go
smile.gif
the power of the busa can get ya out of danger sometimes to
cool.gif

Glad you avoided the accident. It's another example of the benefits of staying alert and having a bike with enough power to get you out of the way.
smile.gif

No, you get credit to gotta know when its time to make a move to you did good
biggrin.gif

ahh man thats exactly when I cruise in the lowest gear possible (that will not act unpredictable) when speeds are slow because you never know what might be comming at you. Having a bike with low end grunt helps out in those tight, timed moments where you have to be focused. I react more on reaction, open your view to everthing and not focused on 1 certain object but all at the same time. During this moments your brain is put in 'on the fly' mode, thinking in the 'background' on what to do which is quicker than actually thinking about it on the front of your brain. It allows for you to very quickly respond. I don't know how many times I was saved with this. I would come out of it saying, what the hell did I do and not rememeber unless I tried hard. Our brains are like computers, and it will act like one if you know how. Now please someone relate to me so I don't feel like a freak! lol

But glad you made out of it man!

And that is the very reason I don't ride anything with less balls than a busa. You have the power to get outa the way.

Don

i know how you feel,had to lock my brakes up tuesday and ended up going into the emergency lane to miss someone the otherday.

its a Karma I guess...when I'm riding on the street...its just me and God...after all I've been thru...

Why can't we open fire legally on those people?
That goes on at every intersection I ride thru-no cops EVER. Then YOU get tagged doing 50 in a 45 out on some desolate road somewhere.

Back