Important lesson learned today...dont run from the cops

Hope he learned a life changing lesson. And glad you're here to talk about it. Won't comment on what I would've done, it's easy to say should've, would've, could've when we're not in that moment of intensity.

Just playing devils advocate here but didnt you put others lives in danger when you chased him down? If you had the license number then why continue on the pursuit? I understand you were mad at the time but I would think that you would just let the police handle it. Because what if you would have hit another car in the process. And I dont know why he only had the choice of hitting a car head on and a ditch but just by chance you caused him to only have that choice then I see it as you would be to blame for his going off the road and I just pray you dont get a call from his dads lawyer calling for attempted manslaughter.

Sorry for the ranting but I dont see the point in almost killing the kid that ran into your car just because he ran from you after you had his plates.

Again just playing the other side. Or what a passerby would have seen. I just wouldn't want to hear from someone that you were chasing down some kid and you killed some family or you were killed.

Glad everything turned out ok and sorry to hear about your car. Hope you get it fixed quick and without hassles.

In my experience, if you just hand the cop a license number and claim they hit you, it doesn't go much farther than that. If the cops show up with both of you there, things get taken care of. I'm not saying anyone should chase because that can invite as many problems as it solves.

Since my knees went south from all of the running I did as a younger man, I no longer run from the cops. I mean that's pretty stupid if you have a good running scooter handy...

Years ago my exwife and I had gone out to dinner in a nearby mall as we were making a left turn at the light leaving the mall a car coming from our right blow the light and nailed the car turning right behind us. If he wouldn't have hit them he would have hit us. He hit the other car so hard he broke the back wheel of the car behind me. I stopped to see if everyone was OK and the guy backed up went around the damaged car and took off. I jumped in the car and followed him, he tried to run but got caught in traffic got close enough to get plate and pulled into gas called cops (before cell phones) We went back to the accident and when we got there an unmarked squad who was patroling the lot was there. He asked me if I was the one who chased the guy and I said yes. He thanked me and said he couldn't chase because his first priority was to check for injuries. Never did hear the outcome

Living in Florida, I know when I see a cop, it's time to run. Heck, it's always time to run. Now if he is behind you already then you have made so many errors that you might as well pull over. If he is trying to start up to get to you, you can be in the next county before he hits 70mph. If you can get away with it RUN!

Plus it makes for good news stories if you get caught.......:laugh:

Well with a 4 year Old thread you should be out of Jail by now. So it didn't matter anyways :rofl:

The last time I ran from the cops was a long time ago, when still young and full of beans. I was still at school, we had to wear uniforms at school and a buddy and myself had the same bikes, same helmets same colors, so with school uniforms we looked exactly the same.

I finish school and as I ride out the gate a cop stops me, so I ignore him.

Cop puts on his lights and follows me, it is a road in front of the school, two lanes each side with an island in the center.

We are both heading North, cop accelerates on his BMW.

I take do a U turn at the end of the island, I'm going South cop going North and we go past each other with the island separating us.

Cop makes a U turn, we both heading South.

I make a U turn, I'm heading North, cop heading South.

Cop makes a U turn, we both heading North.

I make a U turn, cop heading North I'm heading South.

After a while the cop gets smart and turns around in the double lane riding the wrong direction right towards me, so I jump into a side street, a few intersections and I'm gone.

About 15 minutes later, my buddy who looks just like me gets out of the school gate, cop stops him, puts handcuffs on and off they go. About an hour later I get a phone call from an upset buddy, so I'm off to the police station. Still don't know how I did it, but after explaining that we are licenced, did not speed, did not do anything wrong, and I underestimated the cop's sense of humor, someone if the force we knew got us both out of there with a big speech and it became the school's favorite topic of discussion for the rest of the week.

Guess those were the good old days.

I have never and will never run, where you gonna run anyway? No point in hiding out, waiting for that no more freedom knock on the door from the people trying to keep it safe out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have never ran from anything or anyone. I have cops run up on me with their patrol cars hoping I would run, but they aren't anything to be scared of. What can they do that already hasn't been done. Not sure what people are afraid of.

Personally, I couldn't live with the fact that I got a Public Safety Officer killed chasing my sorry arse down. Too old to run anymore...and my wife would kill me if I got myself killed doing something so stupid:laugh:

Back